ADVERTISEMENT

GTMBB Recruiting, 2017.

Curtis Haywood-

....on official visit to G.T.(yes, Jon Barry in the middle-who visited with CPJ at center court during halftime of Mutt game)

Last edited:
Curtis Haywood for the two commits. Perfect rangy type CJP wants more of in the system.

Sean Price for 2017; not sure on the international players because of limited footage/strength of competition. A host of shooters in future years.

This kid was fairly pure as a combo. guard, but he recently announced for Fla.-

Curtis Haywood for the two commits. Perfect rangy type CJP wants more of in the system.

Sean Price for 2017; not sure on the international players because of limited footage/strength of competition. A host of shooters in future years.

This kid was fairly pure as a combo. guard, but he recently announced for Fla.-
Glad we have Haywood coming in. Right now we have trouble with consistency.

It's great to see the scoup shot and the one jumper on the move from the key. The problem with calling Jose our "best shooting recruit" is that he isn't. That is something he is working on, otherwise he would be a top 50 type in the nation. So to compare him to Kenny, Stephon as total scoring & shooting PG's is not fair. Not that we've done that here, although CJP knows what is going to be needed in the A.C.C. after we get this program to another level. His strength as a penetrating playmaker is legit. Most H.S. players need work with their defensive skills, but you don't need to be a fantastic athlete to hone that part of the game. It doesn't hurt though.

Swarm interview with Curtis (CGB) Haywood:

1-What sold you on Georgia Tech?

CGB- "1. The city, how coach Pastner really was interested in me, and the basketball history."

2-How do you feel about Georgia Tech’s other commit, point guard, and New York player of the year Jose Alvarado? You must be ecstatic that he will be on the floor with you distributing the rock.

CGB- "Jose is a good guy, he's a great floor general I think we will connect well on the floor together. I'm very excited to see what we can do to contribute to GT next year and moving forward."

3-Georgia Tech is in desperate need of scoring since they lost a lot of their returning players to graduation. Which means there is a lot of shots and points available, so do you see yourself fitting nicely into Coach Pastner’s offense and putting up numbers?

CGB- "Coach Pastner system is the best fit for me and I think I will be able to make it happen on the offensive end."

Did you see GT’s big win over top ten UNC?

CGB- "Yes, I seen the Big win against UNC. I ran around the house saying don't sleep on GT."

You have a very fluid jump shot and a great use of your off hand. With that being said, what do you need to work on before and while on campus?

CGB- "I think working on every aspect of my game is the key to making me a better player."

I saw the video at the TNT studio and it was very funny. Do you know if Kenny Smith has seen it?

CGB- "I'm not for sure if he seen it but everybody tells me it's funny too."

Favorite artist and food?

CGB- "6LACK and Pasta"

Favorite spot or destination in Atlanta?

CGB- "downtown"

What is the most you have scored in a game?

CGB- "31 points"

Who do you model your game after?

CGB- "My Father but I'm more athletic"

Also Jose and Curtis are working on getting another player to join them in the class....it was off the record so all I can say is (M)ichael (J)ordan is a really good basketball player.

....let me add that the MJ they are referring to, is more of a "Walker" than a traveller. Local to ATL.

In twitter conspiracy news, CJP re-followed Jordan Tucker at Wheeler, who had been rumored to be down to a decision between Indiana & Villanova. Oregon is also reported to be getting in the picture there.

CJP also followed Mark Smith (SG from Illinois getting recent high major offers) and Cedrick Alley (undersized PF from CJP's hometown of Houston) in the 2017 class.

No idea of our interest level, but always good to get a lay of the land by theorizing based on twitter follows. Any perceived interest is strictly conjecture on my part.

your perception is probably a good one.

AS much time as recruiting takes, I can't imagine the coaches spending time on a players twitter page if they were not interested in the player.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT