ADVERTISEMENT

GT Beesball is

Buzzforlife

Sep 14, 2015
Duluth, Ga.
rated to have the No. 4 recruiting class in the country by Perfect Game, behind Vanderbilt, Florida and North Carolina. The two big prizes in the class are pitchers Jonathan Hughes, from Flowery Branch High, and Tristin English from Pike County. Hughes was a second-round pick of Baltimore and English was taken in the 39th round by Cleveland but was a Perfect Game first-team All-American. Baseball America rated him the No. 146 draft prospect.
Hughes chose to attend Tech and bypass pro ball at a significant cost. Of the 28 second-round picks, 26 signed, according to Baseball America. Of the 26, 18 signed for $1 million or more and the other eight signed for no less than $650,000."

Hughes turned down 907k from the Orioles.

Thanks for the message and info. As I'm sure we both/all agree, talent has never been an issue with our program. Parlaying that talent into a team who competes at the level it should be has been a problem over the last decade. The memory of the last trip to Omaha (2006) is fading....well, that's the last time we even competed in a Super Regional for that matter.

Of course, I remain (and always will) looking forward to the season come February. I will get my hopes up. I will talk about the team, the games, the season, our chances, etc. I know full well in the back of my mind that I will likely be let way down, but I love Tech and remain addicted after all these years. :)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT