ADVERTISEMENT

First small surprise of this year

stech81

Sep 15, 2015
CPJ on the the radio said Mills we start at B-back both him and Marshall will play. Also said Trey Klock was the best Offensive lineman in camp (but they all looked good) when was the last time CPJ said something good about the OL ? I have my gold colored glasses on now !

Thanks for the heads up, mate. And, kudos to Dedrick Mills for coming in early and ready to go.

Would love to see the O-Line do well against a solid front. And, we'll get that opportunity against BC...one of the best defenses in the nation from a year ago.

At least the talk has been about good chemistry on the line and working hard in practice.
That should overcome some of the inexperience.

On the CPJ radio show he said Mills was now 226. Makes me think to start the game CPJ wants to start the game playing smash mouth football.

I think CPJ should surprise everybody and inside the redzone move to a traditional wishbone. Bring in an extra OT for an unbalanced line (OT-OG-C-OG-OT-OT), place Allen or Weimerskirch or Benson at the FB spot of the bone and then flanked by Mills on one side and Marshall on the other. IOW, get Mills and Marshall on the field at the same time. Talk about a devastating "option" for the QB to get the ball to. Open space with a runner who has size and speed.

Sorry. I am dreaming of the days with Ronnie Cone and Eddie Lee Ivery driving defenses crazy. Nevermind. Back to our regularly scheduled funky offense.

In his press conference today, CPJ said Brad Stewart will be returning punts and he said Dedrick Mills will not be returning any kicks. The primary KO returner is still up in the air according to Admiral Johnson.

In his press conference today, CPJ said Brad Stewart will be returning punts and he said Dedrick Mills will not be returning any kicks. The primary KO returner is still up in the air according to Admiral Johnson.
The thought here is that Boston College will only kickoff once in the game.

What happened to Searcy?

The other sites accused me of being related to Brad Stewart in the past, because of following his multi-sport prowess.

Last edited:
Searcy is an option per CPJ, but he did not anoint him as the guy...at least, not yet.

I think BC kicking off once is a dream of mine. You know, defense, real football players, etc.

FLASHER

maybe 5 A-backs in the rotation this year. It'll be interesting to see how their time works out and the carries. Sometimes the field position and reads, keep the A-backs from being as productive individually as one might think they should be.

I want to see Searcy in the open field, if not chipped up!

On punts, I love Stewart. #1 The ball will be caught. #2 He will go North/South, getting that extra yard that might later put us in FG range or the End Zone. #3 Should the opposition run a fake, I'd rather him be my Safety to make a saving tackle, over Mills, Searcy. Dorian Walker is another PR man, if they haven't tried him already.

Incidentally, I like your Wishbone thoughts down in the "red zone". A little Pepper for the Dr., tastes good for a change of pace.

Personally, I like the ABacks rotating the plays in, over the receiving core. The majority of the plays handled are going to go through the backfield. If you have one or two prominent, go-to guys on the outside, you want to keep them in the game. They are usually bigger, taller, can block better since they are your starters.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT