ADVERTISEMENT

Edit Panasoic GH4/GH3/GH2/GH1 1080P videos in FCP 7/X

Status
Not open for further replies.

julietzhu520

Aug 2, 2016
Learn the best workflow to import AVCHD files from GH4/GH3/GH2/GH1 to FCP 7/X, you can convert Panasonic GH4/GH3/GH2/GH1 AVCHD to Apple ProRes MOV format, and then you can edit Panasonic GH4/GH3/GH2/GH1 files with FCP natively.

I just got the Panasonic Lumix GH4. Recorded a bit videos in AVCHD format and now I am trying to import the footage into Final Cut Pro X. As far as I know AVCHD format (MPEG-4/ H.264) is not an ideal editable format for Final Cut products. I tried to use log and transfer. But when I do that I get a window telling me that the folder structure doesn't match FCP. It’s really troublesome. I think you may also have the similar AVCHD problem to Final Cut Pro. Now, get the workaround here I’ve fingered out.

If you encounter any problem using GH4/GH3/GH2/GH1 Lumix AVCHD on Mac, or want to edit LumixDMC-GH4/GH3/GH2/GH1 MTS in FCP 6/FCP 7 or FCP X, it is recommended that convert Lumix GH4/GH3/GH2/GH1 AVCHD to ProRes as Final Cut native format.
Panasonicgh4.png

Thus, a powerful and professionalAVCHD to ProRes Converteris the most important tool in the problem-solving process. Here recommed the best AVCHD converter for FCP from Brorsoft, applying which you can get your Panasonic GH4/GH3/GH2/GH1 60p/50p AVCHD files converted to 30p/25p ProRes MOV files with high quality by following listed steps.

Read More in this blog...

Alternative Tool Help Converting MTS/M2TS for VLC Player
Convert Sony RX100 AVCHD video clips to Apple Aperture 3

Step 1.RunBrorsoftMTS/M2TS Converter for Mac, the best Lumix MTS video to ProRes converter. Click the "Add" button and you can browse and select the DMC-GH4/GH3/GH2/GH1 1080/60i videos or HD 720p videos for conversion.

mts-new-mian-interface.gif

Tip:Tick the checkbox for “Merge into one file”, and the Mac AVCHD converter will join and combine the video clips into a single file as output.

Step 2.Click the "Format" option, and navigate the mouse cursor to Final Cut Pro > Apple ProRes 422 (*.mov) as output format.

Tip:If you want to use ProRes format in offline editing workflows with Final Cut Server. The Apple ProRes 422 (Proxy) is the ideal format.

prores422-options-fcp-mts.gif

Step 3:Click the convert button under the preview window, the conversion fromPanasonic AVCHD MTS to ProRes 422for Final Cut Pro 6/7/X will start immediately.

After converting and merging the Panasonic DMC-GH4/GH3/GH2/GH1 AVCHD files, just import the output Apple PreRes 422 .mov files to Final Cut Pro 6/7 or Final Cut Pro X for editing. Optimize your workflow and save time with the Apple ProRes compression for Final Cut Pro.

Additional Tips:

If you also wanna convert Panasonic GH4 4K MOV video files on Edius, Sony Vegas Pro, Adobe Premiere Pro , iMovie, FCP... you can apply this professional all-in-one tool BrorsoftiMedia Converter for Macor BrorsoftVideo Converter Ultimatefor Windows.

More Topics:

Load MXF files to VirtualDub Editing
Get Best MXF Converter for Mac Reviews
Convert MTS/M2TS to Camtasia Studio 7/8
Edit MTS files in VirtublDub in AVI codec file
Ideal MXF Converter for Mac OS X macOS Sierra
Convert M2TS to MP4 for Plex Media Server Playing
Top 4 MXF Converters for Mac (El Capitan Included)
Transcode JVC JY-HM95 AVCHD to ProRes for FCP
Importing JVC digital videos into Aperture 3.6 problem
2015-2016 Best MTS/M2TS Converter for Mac Review
Convert M2TS to MP4 for Playback on Plex Media Server
Convert MTS/M2TS to Quicktime MOV for MacOS Sierra
Edit JVC GY-HM850U AVCHD in Final Cut Pro 7, FCP X
Impoting Canon C500 MXF to Premiere Elements 15/14/13
Import Canon XF305 MXF files to Adobe Premiere Elements
Convert Panasonic HC-PV100 AVCHD files to Pinnacle Studio
Fix Corrupt MXF files Effectively under Mac OS X (macOS Sierra)
Convert AVCHD (MTS/M2TS) to SBS 3D MP4 Video for Gear VR
Transcode JVC GY-HM620 AVCHD to FCP/iMovie/Avid Media Composer
Source:Edit Panasonic Lumix GH4/GH3/GH2/GH1 in FCP 7/X

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT