ADVERTISEMENT

Clemson Olineman declares for the Supplemental draft

BornAJacket

Dec 15, 2003
NW Georgia
He's a returning starter and would have been a senior.

I wonder if the Falcons have any desire to draft him? Supposedly he was advised to leave after some personal family issues and a rumored issue with pot.

Clemson's line will miss him for sure.

Speaking of suspensions, with Tech's Anthony Harrell hitting the road, this opens the door for freshmen to step into the 2-deep. Cooksey, Alexander, Mitchell...not sure if one or two of those three will wind up eventually on the outside. Probably will sort itself out come August.

Same here. I am almost always rooting for guys to be redshirted their first year. There are exceptions based on depth/need of course. For instance, certainly I'm expecting some A-Backs and WR's to get a shot in their first season. I also think the "too good to keep off the field" label may apply to AJ Gray. Would love to see a guy like Tre' Jackson step up here at ILB.

There are a lot of young DBs, but AJ is going to be a safety which is a place of needed depth. I think he'll get a shot. But I'd rather have more experience back there. We saw last season that some of the inexperience created some iffy situations early. They learned quickly, but I'd rather have experience.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT