ADVERTISEMENT

Can you Explain this basketball team

stech81

Sep 15, 2015
Sorry I'm a football guy and just don't watch basketball . Is the new coach that good? Are the player hot and cold ? Just asking I would like to see them win but still football is my sport.

I'll try....

Some teams match up well, others do not.

GT has some serious inconsistencies with the outside shot. If they are off, they are bad. But when they are on they can score and keep things going...

Otherwise, who knows.

A freshman who is already being coached up, opens up the offense. He is getting the message during practices and timeouts on the court. CJP teaches, with an even uplifting temperament-no cursing.The defensive efforts come from coaching, playing fundamental ball-not from talent. We switch zones, confuse the opposition and if they smoke threes, we go man, then back to a disguise zone. We also have helpers in the backcourt for presses. Big men use outlet passes, like in the Ben Jobe/CBC days.

The assistants don't just recruit, they advise Coach from their seats while the game is going on, not only before a timeout. If you observe Guyee from last year to this year, you can see Coach Reveno's work. He had no business competing against those F$U monsters, but more than held his own. Please don't ask about Lammers...Reveno Revelation!!

38 vs. Tulane, was a record for a GT freshman since Kenny Anderson.
Although those games he gets in the 20's we are in until the end, either way.
Getting 14 rebounds was huge vs. FSU(as they were huge in height/arm length).

Plays decent vs. N.Dame, and another rookie of the week is forthcoming.

Notre Dame just got toasted, so their coach will have them focused. Especially since GT just showed what it can do. Their players will not be looking past Atlanta. Notre Dame is a different match-up.

This team leads the ACC in defensive field goal percentage in league play. As Buzzforlife says, defense is about playing fundamentally sound team basketball, which goes to coaching. This team also leads the ACC in assists per field goal made on offense (last night we had 20 assists on 26 made field goals which is incredible). A high percentage of assisted baskets is directly indicative of sound team basketball, which goes to coaching. So yes, I do believe we have a good coach.

Reactions: Buzzforlife
Preach on Brother Texwood!
I told BFL, Jr. to get down low on defense and extend those long arms when the ball is being moved around. Move those feet, and laterally. The guys at Meadowcreek think he is an offensive juggernaut, only. Which is a slap in my behind, and I don't have the padding to spare.

You great golfers are more than about the "green-$", you dig the leather too!

So very impressed with the defense today. ND forced CJP out of the zone and the kids respond by playing great man defense the rest of the way. Held ND to 38% FG percentage in the 2nd half!! This is a well coached and high effort team. We legitimately have a shot at the post season, brothers!

Reactions: Buzzforlife
622, where are you?
Hope you didn't fall off of Big Ben's shoulders?

Man what a ride, Brother Texwood! Bigger time today than a Stetson Hat from San Antone!

Action Jackson picked up the driving. Thought we were going across the border and over the wall. Oops, the fence!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT