ADVERTISEMENT

Beam me up, "Scott-y"; Where are you, when the GTAA needs help?

Buzzforlife

Sep 14, 2015
Duluth, Ga.
Was going to wait a week to post any bad news for the newest year, especially after the great conclusion to 2016. However, it seems better to release this as some form of catharsis even if the powers that "be-e", can't see it. Forgive the negativity brothers and sister Melanie.....

1)The GTAA doesn't answer their telephones or emails for weeks. O.K., they have a bowl to travel for, some basketball games, graduation and exams. Use or lose days? Vacation time for employees. Although it only takes two seconds to leave a message to cancel a special needs young man on his 18th birthday, who attends more events on campus than a fly at all the picnic tables in summertime.You wouldn't believe what the privately owned GT Hotel & Conf. Center did for him, as my pinch-hitter.
2)No Alumni Band at WBB game on the 29th. All righty, except what about the MBB game vs. a top ten team who has a 5-1 fan advantage in OUR HOUSE? Granted the Freshman Volley-Band deserves the trip to Jacksonville.
3)Schedules not coming out timely, including zero in the print form. I guess calling the Big Donors is the priority, so maybe these little issues for the little guys who recruit the sidewalk-are minor??
4)No information on the Web concerning purchasing a brick at McCamish. If I want to spend my retirement income/& savings foolishly, you would think someone would return a call on the A-Tharpe line?
5)Anything GTJT622 wants to add here is gospel. Any others, please spew and make me feel better. Criticisms for me, will be accepted.

Hope a great year is in the works for all, and Go Jackets, fight, win, drink,.....!!!

Signed,
Captain "Kirk".

There is no doubt the Athletic Association needs help.

this is a busy time for certain and a little patience is required.

Also, hoping the new AD notices these things as well. Maybe a call to him in a few days is the right thing to do???

He was in Jacksonville, as spotted through the media(although my voice mails and emails should have already reached the A.D., previously).

They did manage to send out a blanket promotional email today, waiving the handling fees on any basketball tickets purchased through tomorrow night by midnight.

Not sure if this is the correct place to put this on here and I haven't had enough time to dig on the G.T. academic side from something told to me at the last home basketball game....was told Tech is the only school to offer this special needs program(that they have founded)in this state. Average in intelligence, the young people in this degree setting are higher on the spectrum(like my son). Told the best professors are teaching them in an appropriate setting.

Any of you folks, heard of such a thing existing? I told this G.T. alum. he was not being funny teasing me with this. He was adamant about a friend who has a son at Tech in this program. Am I being catfished, too guilable? Meadowcreek High administrators in Special Ed. have not heard of such, they are telling me.

I haven't heard this, but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Also don't expect HS administrators to know anything at GT. GT does a horrible job communicating with any of the HS counselors. I'd call your friend and ask for a person to talk with specifically about the program. IMO, that's your best link.

I should have gotten his number. He was only an acquaintance I just made. Hope to see him again. Don't know his last name or his friend.

My networking skills are deteriorating within these modern times. A new friend asked for me to put my number in his phone or just to call him right then, as he was giving it to me. It worked without paper, pen, business/personal card. I should have done the same during a timeout at the game. Buzzforlife, not very networkable. See, talking in the third person is my strength!

By golly, I believe you found it!
Sounds just like the description. If his "Now, waiver" will kick in because 18,500 might take me to two working part-time jobs or one good one.....in just a few more years and he can try it. Living alone or shared, would be a huge adjustment. He's always had me and not too good with those independent, social skills needed.
Thanks for locating, Brother BAJ!!

Hope it works out. I was proud of GT when I found the link. I sure hope you can take advantage. Who knows they may have some scholarships, grants available since they are an approved US DOEd program.

Reactions: Buzzforlife
I'm proud to know you, Texwood, Stinger78, JT622 and the other gents. on here. Class acts!
People tell me I waste my time going to Tech games and events(signing day, banquets, etc.)or I should support Ga. State. However the best times in life and people met, came at G.T. When State was full and I had Statistics, Mgmt. at Tech during Grad. School, I found them to be flexible. Having a program like this renews my faith in the total person concept.

Hope your son is still doing well at Berry College.

Thanks again, very, very much!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT