ADVERTISEMENT

Batt Appointed to College Football Hall of Fame Board of Directors

Kelly Quinlan

Staff
Jul 10, 2006
East Cobb

Georgia Tech athletics director to serve in leadership role for Atlanta and college football landmark

THE FLATS – Georgia Tech director of athletics J Batt has been appointed to the board of directors for the Chick-fil-A College Football Hall of Fame, the Hall announced on Thursday.

Batt is one of three new members of the Hall of Fame’s 25-member board of directors. The board includes a wide array of local and national business and sports leaders.

"J Batt's appointment to the College Football Hall of Fame's board of directors is a testament to his unwavering commitment to the sport of college football, and intercollegiate athletics,” said Kimberly Beaudin, President and CEO of the College Football Hall of Fame. “His leadership at Georgia Tech has exemplified the values of hard work, integrity and perseverance that we hold dear at the Hall of Fame. We are thrilled to welcome him to our esteemed board, and I have no doubt that his passion and expertise will be instrumental in furthering our mission of preserving the rich traditions of college football for generations to come."

“I’m honored and excited to join the College Football Hall of Fame’s Board of Directors,” Batt said. “Having the Hall of Fame located less than a mile from our campus is a point of pride for Georgia Tech, and I am proud to represent Georgia Tech and our commitment to supporting the city of Atlanta as one of America’s best college sports cities and the Capital of College Football.

“I’m also looking forward to working with an incredible group of leaders to help the Hall fulfill its mission of preserving the traditions of college football, celebrating the universal values of hard work, integrity and perseverance and immortalizing the greatest players and coaches as role models to inspire future generations. I thank President & CEO Kimberly Beaudin for the opportunity and I can’t wait to get started.”

The National Football Foundation (NFF) founded the College Football Hall of Fame in 1951 and relocated it to Atlanta in 2014. Adjacent to the Georgia World Congress Center and Centennial Olympic Park in downtown Atlanta, less than a mile from Georgia Tech’s midtown campus, the Hall provided visitors with a highly immersive, interactive and engaging experience, using a blend of historic college football artifacts and state-of-the-art multimedia exhibits. The College Football Hall of Fame is a non-profit organization that provides a national platform for community outreach, education and character development initiatives, and serves as a premier special event venue.

Later this year, former head coach Paul Johnson will become Georgia Tech’s 20th College Football Hall of Fame inductee and its third in the last 10 years, joining quarterback Joe Hamilton (2014) and wide receiver Calvin Johnson (2018).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News