ADVERTISEMENT

BasketJackets recruiting

Staff put in a really good effort here, but unfortunately, Sy to VT.

This is kind of semantics on my part, but I'd call it disappointing before I called it discouraging. I really hoped we'd land Sy, but we've landed a really good 2016 class so far with kids that will be difference makers.

Hokies now have the best recruiter and HC they've ever had in the history of their program IMO. Bummer that we lost the battle for Sy but life goes on. I still think we need to land a big - even if a grad transfer next spring as a 1 year stop gap.

I'd like to take a grad transfer in this class, even if it's of backup quality. The 2017 class in GA is stacked and we've already cast a wide net in-state & out of state.

Link to the current HoopSeen 2017 rankings slotting the top 15 kids.
http://hoopseen.com/index.php/rankings/class-of-2017

All of them have at least 1 high major offer. Right now we have 3 open spots for 2017, but I'd gladly have 4. We had 4 of the top 10 on campus for the FSU game and we're scouting the entire list except for those already committed and possibly MJ Walker & Jordan Usher (still may look at them, Walker has a football offer).

This is all before we start paging through the out-of-state efforts Herrion is putting in up & down the East Coast.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT