ADVERTISEMENT

6 Jackets will tee it up at this week's Canadian Open...including Ollie as a pro

GTJT622

Mar 23, 2014
Ollie Schniederjans (from now on just known as Ollie) begins his professional career coming off a strong British and Scottish Open back-to-back weekends.

Six Jackets will compete for Canada's top trophy in Oakville, Ontario, this week.

First, a story on Ollie's debut as a pro... http://www.pgatour.com/news/2015/07/20/schniederjans-the-open-championship.html

Schniederjans only has four weeks to try to earn a PGA TOUR card. He could do so by equaling the FedExCup points of No. 125 in the standings (non-members do not appear in the FedExCup standings) or via the Web.com Tour Finals. He could earn a spot in the Web.com Tour Finals by equaling No. 200 in the FedExCup. The current No. 200, Tyrone van Aswegen, has 78 points.

This week, Ollie will be joined by Nick Thompson, Matt Kuchar, Stewart Cink (also coming off an outstanding British Open), Roberto Castro and Chesson Hadley. Good luck to these Golfing J's and especially to Ollie.

Unsure, but the PGA Leaderboard page shows him with no FedEx ranking at all, FWIW. My guess is no though I could be way wrong on that. I don't know if he has invites/exemptions to allow him to play in the upcoming tour events in Northern Virginia, Akron Ohio, and I'm guessing doubtful for the PGA Championship in mid-August in Wisconsin (unless he does something special this weekend in Canada...which is possible as he enters on a hot streak of sorts).

He has the makings of being the next star out of Tech's program at the next level. It's good to see Cink playing better as I think he had to hustle this year to stay as a regular on the tour (compared to previous seasons).

If he does well, I bet he can grab a sponsor exemption or two before the summer is done.

I will certainly keep up with the leaderboard. hoping they all do well.

Agree on the sponsorship exemptions. Speaking of sponsorships, I imagine Ollie is or has been entertaining a bunch of reps wanting him to wear and represent their stuff. A win or top 25 finish in Ontario would build that demand even more.

Speaking of Ollie and sponsorships... http://www.pressreleaserocket.net/f...ofessional-golfer-ollie-schniederjans/257508/

World’s Number 1 Ranked Amateur Turns Professional and Aligns with Leading CPA Firm

Atlanta, Georgia (PRWEB) July 22, 2015

Frazier & Deeter announced a marketing and business relationship with Ollie Schniederjans, the world’s former No. 1 ranked amateur golfer. Ollie announced he will pursue a career as a professional golfer on July 21, 2015.

Overall, a pretty good weekend for the Jacket alums in Canada.

Cink finished tied for 5th which really aids his chances of securing his card for next year. He has been playing much better of late. He takes home a nice $200,400 check for his efforts over the weekend.

Kuchar ends up tied for 7th (1 stroke back of Cink) and moves up 7 spots in the FedEx Cup points standings to 24th overall. He takes home $174,725.

Ollie had a wild final round. 7 birdies...6 bogeys...and 1 double bogey. He did finish with 2 birdies out of the last 3 holes to get to -9 overall and tying for 22nd in his pro debut. Not bad at all. For his efforts, he takes home $46,207. He was actually -3 on the day after 6 holes yesterday having birdied 4 of the first 6 and with 1 bogey thrown in.

Ollie has signed a promotional contract with Callaway Golf... http://www.prnewswire.com/news-rele...-1-amateur-ollie-schniederjans-300118678.html

Ollie will play at the Quicken Loans National event in Northern Virginia this week.

Ollie proved he's got the kind of game where he can post a seriously low score when he is on. He did that at St. Andrews in the final round (67) and he did it again this past Saturday (66) in Canada.

In Canada, he had 26 birdies, 30 pars, 15 bogeys and 1 double bogey. Almost as many birdies as pars. Just a sample size of his first PGA event as a professional of course. I look forward to seeing what he does in his second tournament this weekend up the road from where I live. Very tempting to head up there and follow him. The weather is supposed to be gorgeous with highs in the upper 80's but (unusually) very low humidity levels leading to comfortable dew points.

Go get 'em, Ollie. Would love to see him in contention on Sunday.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT