ADVERTISEMENT

5 games left and we have to win 2...

stinger78

Mar 19, 2016
Who will they be against?

Games against Dook, @UNC, @VPI, UVA and @UGA.

I have to say my odds would be:
GT over Dook - 50%
GT over UNC - 40%
GT over VPI - 35%
GT over UVA - 60%
GT over UGA - 50%

I'd have to say the games we should win would be Dook, UVA, and UGA, with UNC and VPI likely losses.

Chances are we finish 6-6, unless the D steps up big time in the next couple of weeks.

We can definitely beat the Cheaters, but our offense will have to score TD's. We unlikely beat them with FG's. Classic game plan of limit possessions, eat clock, and keep the Cheaters' explosive passing game on the sidelines. As Texwood pointed out in a different thread yesterday, Chizik's D played well at Miami. A bit surprising in fact. We'll find out this weekend to a degree whether that is a good sign for them or an anomaly. I expect Virginia to put up 28 or more on the Cheaters. If that happens, then I know we can put up 30+ if we can 1) avoid turnovers and 2) finish drives in the endzone.

The Cheaters will have an extra week to prep for us (pretty much as usual). But, I'll always remember Vad Lee, Robbie Godhigh and crew hung 68 on them in Chapel Hell back in '12 and the Cheaters had an extra week to prep back then for that game too. The last 3 games at Chapel Hell have wound up 48-43 loss in '14, 68-50 win in '12, and 30-24 win in '10.

We can definitely beat the Cheaters, but our offense will have to score TD's. We unlikely beat them with FG's. Classic game plan of limit possessions, eat clock, and keep the Cheaters' explosive passing game on the sidelines. As Texwood pointed out in a different thread yesterday, Chizik's D played well at Miami. A bit surprising in fact. We'll find out this weekend to a degree whether that is a good sign for them or an anomaly. I expect Virginia to put up 28 or more on the Cheaters. If that happens, then I know we can put up 30+ if we can 1) avoid turnovers and 2) finish drives in the endzone.

The Cheaters will have an extra week to prep for us (pretty much as usual). But, I'll always remember Vad Lee, Robbie Godhigh and crew hung 68 on them in Chapel Hell back in '12 and the Cheaters had an extra week to prep back then for that game too. The last 3 games at Chapel Hell have wound up 48-43 loss in '14, 68-50 win in '12, and 30-24 win in '10.
Kind of funny how they always get a bye before our game.

Kinda crazy how fast this season is going. Hopefully we can make a run these last 5 games. I can't believe there's only 2 home games left for Justin Thomas! His career at GT has flown bye. I hope everyone that can make it shows up to the UVA game at least for JT alone. The kid had been a warrior for us through great and far from great seasons.

Reactions: USCJacket
JT5 will go down as one of the best QB's I've seen at Tech in my time. Shawn Jones will always be my favorite with Big Joe as a very close 2nd. JT5 has been tremendous. I'd love to see him get on a roll along with the rest of the team of course over these last 6 weeks - especially go out with a bang 2 days after I eat far too much turkey and dressing than I should.

I asked about how his ribs were last week as we traded a handshake. He said, not well.

Imagining he can't use much protective padding because it would alter his throwing.

I asked about how his ribs were last week as we traded a handshake. He said, not well.

Imagining he can't use much protective padding because it would alter his throwing.
JT's ribs?!? Wow. Had no idea he was battling an injury. This bye week came at a good time then.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT