ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL What to Watch for GTFB Spring Game

Kelly Quinlan

Staff
Jul 10, 2006
East Cobb
So rather than writing a formal story I'll just give you the things I'm looking for tomorrow during the spring game.

The one that is always obvious is clean football, no fumbles, no false starters, no penalties and the like. Don't beat yourself.

The QB play, I want to get a good look at Zach Pyron and Haynes King. Zach Gibson will probably look good because he does when he isn't live in general, but the other two I'm looking at their progressions, footwork, ball speed and accuracy. The QB needs to be able to run in the offense so Gibson is the odd man out unfortunately for him.

The new-look TEs, Dylan Leonard, Brett Seither (if he is healthy he was dinged the last week), Billy Ward etc. Luke Benson I think is still out.

OL play, I doubt Jakiah Leftwich plays so what does the OL look like without Leftwich and Jordan Brown who has been out all spring in that two-deep. It should be better than last year.

WR play, specifically the outside guys, who makes plays, how does Janneh look, DJ Moore, Juju and will the light ever come on for Avery Boyd? How are Christian Leary's hands, that is the thing that held him up at Bama.

On the defensive side, I'm really looking at the LB play. I am betting we do not see Andre White, but what does Braelen Oliver look like at the Money LB spot replacing Charlie Thomas, how has Tatum progressed what does Tyson Meiguez look like now? Does Kyle Efford play? He got dinged but was having a great spring. Is Khatavian Franks playing?

The CB spot, Myles Sims has been limited much of camp so the starting CBs most of the spring have been Kenan Johnson and Kenyatta Watson how do they look and how much have Eric Reed and Ahmari Harvey progressed behind them? That position is an area of concern for me. Will Sims play?

What's the S/NB rotation look?

Do they let Gavin Stewart and Aidan Birr kick? How do they look?

Those are the main things. I'm not as worried about RB and the DL

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News