ADVERTISEMENT

HOOPS What I've heard so far...

Dan McDonald

Silver Member
May 19, 2008
The two names I heard from my best source so far are Mark Price and Jeff Capel. Heard Price has the support of the money people who are helping to handle all this. Obviously former players and Bobby Cremins are also endorsing him. With Capel, not sure exactly what the connection is. Coach K has never had an assistant take an ACC job, so that is something to keep an eye. There is also speculation that Capel could be next in line at Duke and won't leave in case he flops and hurts his chances of being the successor.

I'd be shocked if Archie Miller gives it much consideration. Wouldn't be surprised if Chris Mack listens, but I'd be surprised if they can snatch him. Will Wade is one to keep an eye on. Not convinced he would take it, but wouldn't completely rule it out. If you want a wildcard, I've heard for a couple years now that Andy Enfield (now at USC, was at FGCU) wants to head back east. Mentioned this in another thread, but I'm very confident when I say there was no chance Jerod Haase would have taken the job had it opened before Stanford hired him.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News