ADVERTISEMENT

WAR ROOM: By Request

Kelly Quinlan

Staff
Jul 10, 2006
East Cobb
WAR ROOM By Request

So basically the deal with Victor Alexander is he has told GT he is coming and spoke with CPJ last night confirming his intention of coming to GT.

The side piece of this has been that Alexander has no interest in playing with Roquon Smith in the same class. Alexander wants to be the lone signee at his position (which GT offers). As of last night, rumors were hot and heavy that Smith would sign with UCLA and Alexander then firmed up his commitment.

Both Alexander and Carvell's favorite player WR Brad Stewart have spots and LOIs to sign tomorrow. GT expects both to sign.

That puts GT two over, but CPJ apparently came up with a plan to "make room" for both Stewart and Alexander. Those two signees put GT over 85. They need a few spaces of attrition which is likely.

SCHOOLS PUSHING GT TARGETS:

UGA has called almost every GT commit in the last month trying to flip or at least get visits. UGA has been scuffling and it shows in some of the reaches they are taking.

Arkansas and Cal made runs at Christian Campbell, he said no.

UGA made a run at Mikell Lands-Davis yesterday.

UGA and Clemson made runs at Dorian Walker

UGA made a run at Brad Morgan and probably Scott Morgan (not sure on that one)

SC made a hard push for Dante Wigley

MY TAKE ON THE CLASS

From top to bottom this is the most impressive class CPJ and his staff have put together. I thought the 2014 class was very good and this one is better.

I really like the way Tech has addressed the trenches on defense and the LB and safety positions, but the cornerbacks signed are very impressive to me. They have two NFL sized corners (Wigley and Walker) and a good cover corner as well (Meiko Dotson).

AVERAGE STAR RANKING

GT is 36th in the overall rankings and 8th in the ACC

In Average stars, GT is tied for 6th in the ACC with Louisville and T-34th in average star with Louisville, OK State and Florida.

In the overall rankings I think GT will drop to 39 or 40 after NSD as I think Michigan #72 and UF #55 will end up jumping GT with final commitments.

FINAL POSITION CHANGES

Should know more on this tomorrow as well. Qua Searcy has moved to A-back and the staff will probably move either John Marvin (worked out for bowl game at WR, hands are iffy) or Jalen Johnson (was a very good WR in HS) to WR for the spring at least. I also think you could see either Chaz Cheeks, Marcus Allen or Tre Jackson at B-back in the spring. All three played either RB or FB in high school and are buried on the depth chart with little hope of meaningful PT.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.