ADVERTISEMENT

Virginia@GT...Nov 19...12:30PM ACCN

Texwood

Jul 27, 2015
It's senior day for the Jackets and 16 of them will be honored. One interesting side note is that Eason Fromayan with one more year of eligibility remaining, will not be returning next season.

"Fromayan, along with walk-ons Anderson and Braswell, have one year of eligibility remaining but have decided to finish their playing careers this season. Fromayan, who has started seven games this season, is scheduled to graduate in December."

Reactions: Buzzforlife
You the man, Dr. Texwood!
Can't wait to shed a few tears for our Senior faithful.

Congrats. to BAJ and his young dynamo on a tremendous 9-1 season. Berry should have made the playoffs.

Practice, Nov. 16(excerpt):
"Practice has been good," Johnson said. "This is a healthy as we have been this season in a while."

Senior days are surreal. You are going through the routine of getting ready for a regular season game, but taking a break to reflect on your career. It is tough when you know this is the end of your career. Most of these guys are done after 12-15 years in pads every fall. It is a moment that comes to some after the last snap, to others it doesn't hit them until spring or summer workouts roll around. Thanks a bunch to every one!

Congrats. to BAJ and his young dynamo on a tremendous 9-1 season. Berry should have made the playoffs.

Appreciate the words. It was a fun season for sure and definitely a let down to miss the playoffs. There are a lot of good D3 football teams. Some others that missed with just 1 loss. Sometimes losing is ok, if you lose to the right team. Berry didn't. But the team is proud of their year and just 4 seasons old now...

Also, there's a GT connection to the team as well. I don't remeber if I mentioned this earlier. Drew McCollum is a senior LB this year. He had a career ending injury last season. But this year he helped coach the team as a grad assistant. He's Andy McCollum's son.

Does anyone know what channel the ACC Network is shown on the Dish?

I've got basic Dish Network HD in our extended stay, Studio 6/Motel 6 chain. It's on local Atlanta Ch. 69, which is 04 on our TV remote.

Another CPJ quote after the Wednesday practice:
.....referring to Eason Fromayan-
"That is why a lot of kids come to school here so they can set themselves up for the future they are looking for," he said.

Thanks for posting that story on Michael Muns, mate. I suspect he is in for a highly successful career in coaching. Would love to see him stick around as a grad assistant.

Jahaziel Lee cannot go for this one. He will be missed, sure hope he is ready to go against the bull pups. At least we get Andrew Marshall back this week to fill in for him. Go Jackets!

Nice victory fueled by big plays on both offense and defense!! Woohooooo!!!

BANANA DANCEBANANA DARK HAIREDBANANA DEVILBANANA SPLITSclapMECHANICAL BULLRock HornsRED WINE

Now onwards and upwards. Let's get the win in the cesspool next week!!!

Hard to think we won a game the other team runs over 40 more play than we did , now if we can get to 8-4 next I think it will be a good year.

Hard to think we won a game the other team runs over 40 more play than we did , now if we can get to 8-4 next I think it will be a good year.

I think it will be a good year too if we win next week to go 8-4 ;)

I think Kenny Cooper may have officially beaten out Freddie Burden for the starting center position in this game. Freddie wasn't injured - it was a coaching decision to replace him with Cooper. As soon as Kenny went in there, our offense immediately started producing, it was like a switch was thrown. That kid naturally plays with low pad level and he gets a hat on LB's in Shaq-like fashion. Still need to get the exchange issues worked out, but I expect to see him start against the nad lickers.

I think Kenny Cooper may have officially beaten out Freddie Burden for the starting center position in this game. Freddie wasn't injured - it was a coaching decision to replace him with Cooper. As soon as Kenny went in there, our offense immediately started producing, it was like a switch was thrown. That kid naturally plays with low pad level and he gets a hat on LB's in Shaq-like fashion. Still need to get the exchange issues worked out, but I expect to see him start against the nad lickers.
I don't disagree but I think CPJ will start out with Freddie

I don't disagree but I think CPJ will start out with Freddie

I don't know stech81, yanking a senior on senior day is something all coaches are loath to do. It was done in this game because our team is better with the true freshman snapping the ball. My expectation is that Kenny gets 1st team reps this upcoming week and gets the start. Given everything I've seen this season, I'd be disappointed if the staff goes with Freddie.

I don't know stech81, yanking a senior on senior day is something all coaches are loath to do. It was done in this game because our team is better with the true freshman snapping the ball. My expectation is that Kenny gets 1st team reps this upcoming week and gets the start. Given everything I've seen this season, I'd be disappointed if the staff goes with Freddie.
I hope they go with the one that will help us beat uga

Coop, is like watching a freight train run wild on every play. He opens holes you can drive one through.The exchange problem has to be from over zealous anticipation. He fires off the ball wanting to take as many casualties as he can. Clearly the difference maker on the big plays we have seen the last two weeks.

Coop, is like watching a freight train run wild on every play. He opens holes you can drive one through.The exchange problem has to be from over zealous anticipation. He fires off the ball wanting to take as many casualties as he can. Clearly the difference maker on the big plays we have seen the last two weeks.
The exchange is something they can work on at practice.

The exchange is something they can work on at practice.
I'm not at all concerned about the exchange...Texwood brought it up and it's valid. I'll take JT5 falling on the ball a few times, as we break one up the middle for a long TD! Excellent trade off, and yes he will get proficient with more reps.

great second half. Comments from the stands in the first half "we need the freshmen o-line back in the game". And once the change was made, the offense was better. But I also think some of it was choice of play calling. I don't know if it was because the defense changed up a bit or if GT just forced some changes. Whatever (probably some of both) it worked and GT was able to get some long break away plays.

Defense was giving up yards, but not points. UVA missed on some plays and kicks, but GT made enough plays to win it. And that certainly matters. They couldn't do it last year.

Attendance, 42,136.

I'll take 3 interceptions and 3 sacks, every game...no matter the opponent.

Brad Stewart looks to have an ankle/lower leg injury, per his dad.

Attendance, 42,136.

I'll take 3 interceptions and 3 sacks, every game...no matter the opponent.

Brad Stewart looks to have an ankle/lower leg injury, per his dad.
It didn't look like 42136 maybe they count tickets sold ? Hope Brad can make it back.

That win basically secured a winning season. Not where everyone had hoped to be but better than some naysayers for sure. The possibility of 9-4 is good at this point. Sadly this team could be better than that record.

Not sure what it'll take to get GT to the next level.

I believe pre, pre-season, Stech81 and myself had us going 8-4. We have a chance for that this Saturday. If not, we should come to play in the Bowl game. CPJ does have incentive clauses(for postseason wins).

seems I remember reading that Heisman received a base salary and a portion of the gate. I think that sounds like a good idea.

J.H. had to leave the ATL. as part of his divorce decree.
He went from the Tigers w/ a lake to greatness to the Tigers w/out a lake, in 3 stops.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT