ADVERTISEMENT

VIDEO UPDATE: K/P coming to GT as PWO over offers

hiveredtech

Oct 26, 2003
This has been mentioned briefly on here...and known for quite some time...but wanted it to lay low awhile until NSD. Of course, even after today he technically could be given an open offer by someone before August 1 and not come to GT....which Auburn did to us once with a K/P. However, Shawn Davis has made it quite public and seems truly excited to become a Yellow Jacket!

He is 6-3, 210 and can kick and punt. Kicking/Punting expert Chris Sailor gave this review and response: "Shawn is a very talented kicker. He is big, tall, strong and athletic. Shows excellent potential. Hits a big ball at times. Kicks his best when it counts the most. Has shown consistent improvement from camp to camp. Also showing great punting potential. Punting might just end up being a real strength. Has a bright college future with continued hard work. I am excited to see what the future holds for Shawn. Should have a big summer impressing college coaches across the country. Has a great attitude and work ethic. Excellent combo prospect. Nice addition for Georgia Tech"

LINK to SHAWN DAVIS Twitter page...all GT!

I understand now that he has offers like Air Force, Wofford, etc. I also understand that he averages over 41 ypp and has range over 50 yards including two 46 yard FGs at the Dome All-Star game as a junior. His senior highlight video is linked below.
This post was edited on 2/4 7:11 PM by hiveredtech

Senior Highlight Video

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News