ADVERTISEMENT

***COMMIT*** Vanderbilt Grad-transfer OL Andrew "Devin" Cochran

Russell Johnson

Staff
May 19, 2016
Yes, you read that right.

Devin Cochran is heading to Georgia Tech for the 2021 season. Cochran was previously set to arrive to GT for the 2020 season, but with all of the uncertainties, the global pandemic, and the schedule changes, Cochran did not ever arrive on campus.

Now, Cochran is just weeks away from arriving on the Georgia Tech campus.

Cochran will bring a level of experience on the offensive line that could play a big impact next season, particularly at the tackle position.

He has spent a significant amount of time working on his technique, his footwork, and his ability to get off the ball.

Many believed he might head to the NFL after sitting out this season. Instead, he's headed to The Flats.

Cochran will bring with him 32 starts in 32 games played. Every game he played in as a Commodore, he started.

ETA:
I’ll add this to the top of this thread, but many of you are asking why Cochran didn’t play this season. Rather than being vague about it and saying “it all worked out” or anything like that, I’ve spent weeks digging to get the details.

Cochran was taking classes at Vandy this summer, and he didn’t get everything done to transfer until August. My sources tell me that he didn’t want to come in right before the season, learn a new playbook with very little time to practice, and play.

He came very close on several occasions to hiring and agent and preparing for the NFL Draft, but opted to play for GT instead.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.