ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL RECRUITING Recruiting Roundup 7/8

Kelly Quinlan

Staff
Jul 10, 2006
East Cobb
The Opening is underway in Oregon, GT has only one active target there, Leonard Warner. Not much news on Warner, I expect an update or two, but I keep hearing he won't end up at UGA, Tenn and GT probably the two players for him now with an unlikely outside shot for Ohio State who he wants to visit soon.

LB Bruce Jordan-Swilling and CB Tre Swilling are leaning toward taking official visits including return trips to USC where they had a great time. Bama, LSU, USC and GT probably all in the mix at the moment for those two. Bruce said he may wait until NSD to decide this week.

Next weekend will see GT hosting the elite camp and I expect another slew of offers and hopefully for the GT staff a few commits out of the group of OLs visiting. I'll have a list of visitors next week as we get closer to the event.

Right now OL and DL recruiting are the biggest areas of need going forward. Plenty of DL targets on the board, but the Jackets need to extend some more OL offers to either guys from this camp or previous targets or find guys out of state.

Speaking of OL targets Demetris Harris will be here next weekend and if that goes well that could set up nicely for the Jackets. Harris really likes Tech and the staff, he wants to see campus and do the whole hanging out thing. He projects as a guard for GT. All the schools involved are not close to Jacksonville (all 3 1/2 hour plus drives) so that should help. USF is probably the other big player with Wake behind them.

Case Cook and Zach Quinney have gone radio silent so I expect both are hoping to have decisions by mid-August at the latest from what I've gathered. Cook would be a guard or center while Quinney projects as an OT for GT.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News