ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL RECRUITING Recruiting Roundup 7/26

Kelly Quinlan

Staff
Jul 10, 2006
East Cobb
The only hold up on a Georgia Tech commitment from Hawaiian OL Michael Minihan is Auburn. Auburn is recruiting Minihan in part to get in the mix with Bama commit QB Tua Tagovailoa, his teammate. Minihan should make his decision on the GT offer this week, I think he will commit and is probably squeezing Auburn to see if they will blink and offer too.

GT is also recruiting another Hawaiian Myron Tagovailoa-Amosa, the cousin of that QB, he is a DL can also play OL.

GT expects Myron and Aliki Vimahi another DL from Hawaii to visit for an official in the fall/Jan timeframe.

Case Cook informed the Georgia Tech staff last night that they are out of the mix. He told me he is down to Miss State and Missouri, he wants to play in the SEC and GT doesn't have his desired major, some sort of Agricultural science.

OLB/DE target Michael Scott is announcing at 5pm today, he is going to USF by all accounts, GT backed off some once they got a better feel for bigger names at that position.

DT target Jake Lichtenstein had a great visit to USC and I expect him to commit there soon. He says he is releasing a top 3 soon, but I think he will commit if they will take it.

LB Leonard Warner is still a strong possibility for GT, CTR is working that one hard, UGA is slow playing the kid too because they don't have room for another LB in the class. I think GT ends up with him.

DB Gentry Bonds had a great time at GT, it was his third overall time on campus but first real in-depth visit, had a story up on him. GT likes him at three spots, CB, NB or FS.

GT's lone sole B-back offer Jalen Holston is getting more interest from UNC after they lost their lone RB commit to UF last week. It is a VT-GT-UNC battle at this point.

Still looking for 1-2 OLs, 2 DTs, 1 DE, 1 LB, 1-2 S, 1 QB/ATH and maybe 1 BB/AB type

Reactions: AugJacket
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News