ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL RECRUITING Recruiting Buzz 6/27

Kelly Quinlan

Staff
Jul 10, 2006
East Cobb
The dead period is upon, coaches are taking vacations and kids are still trying to sure up spots everywhere so there is no rest for the weary. Here is the latest on GT targets:

QB target Malik Cunningham told our Louisville site he is close to closing down his recruitment, but I'm not sure I'm buying that. He enjoys the attention of the process a lot. He visited GT a few weeks back. He has been a soft verbal to Louisville for a while.

Two more OL targets off the board, Mandy Alonso has opted to play DT at UVA and Cody Shear is staying on the left coast. That leaves GT in a lurch in terms of offers with just Zach Quinney, Case Cook and Demetris Harris as all guys I could see ending up on the Flats. Unless they are super lucky I can't see them going four for four though. I'll be curious to see what happens with this group, Quinney should jump on the offer before it's gone though because he is probably the easiest of the three to replace IMO and the least ready to play. July camp could get interesting some in-state OLs have been messaging me saying they are coming out with hopes to get an offer.

Bruce Jordan-Swilling and Tre Swilling enjoyed their LA jaunt, both seemed to be really into it out there, but who knows what is going to happen. I think they will be recruited throughout the whole year until Jan.

GT could have some tough decisions at DB with Gentry Bonds, Stuart Head and Jordyn Peters all showing a ton of interest. Head is currently committed to Stanford, but the other two are uncommitted and could make decisions soon and both Bonds and Peters are majorly interested in GT. DB spots are at a premium after Dameon Williams and Jaytlin Askew popped.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News