ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL RECRUITING Recruiting Buzz 6/2

Kelly Quinlan

Staff
Jul 10, 2006
East Cobb
So quite a few things going on with camp on the horizon this weekend.

Good visits yesterday for Tijai Whatley, Chigoziem Okonkwo, Richard Jibunor and Charlie Thomas

Thomas said the visit was great, look for a full update on him soon.

Jibunor said the campus was beautiful and he was surprised by it. GT still trails the Gators, but Jibunor isn't the highest guy on the UF board at his position so it could be interesting.

Whatley would be a GT commit if GT had offered earlier, but they have done a nice job catching up now and are in a good spot with him. I think he could do something later this summer.

Chigoziem is a GT lean from what I'm hearing, Stanford is still a player, he has a sister in San Francisco and one at GT, so the family would be torn if the Cardinal offer. That is the biggest issue right now with him.

Thomas went up to Athens after the GT visit, it will be interesting to see if the Dawgs pull the trigger on him. I think he may be camping at UGA today, Kirby has several days of camps going on.

Miami Northwestern kid Da'Vontae McCrae is not a new offer, he got offered a while back, but wasn't sure. He isn't the brightest guy in the world so he would be an exception for GT.

Donovan Noel is a new offer however on the OL from NC. Staff likes him a lot.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News