ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL RECRUITING Recruiting Buzz 6/14

Kelly Quinlan

Staff
Jul 10, 2006
East Cobb
So some updates on various topics of interest.

DE target Abdul-Malik McClain is in Georgia and supposed to visit GT this week. He missed his flight on Monday which screwed up his visit plans. He has family here.

Next week OL Jacob Isaia will be visiting from Las Vegas. He is an interesting target because his frame fits GT better than most schools, he is a guard who is undersized basically. That has hampered his recruitment some, but could be good for GT.

Quasi LB commit JaQuez Jackson was on campus and his mom arrived with her shields up, but my sources say the staff really won her over and they feel good about things now. Mom wants to be able to see all his games so that is a plus for GT since most of his other offers are far from home. JaQuez keeps telling me he will re-commit and he is still recruiting other targets to join him at GT.

Kendall Williamson wants to come down on Saturday for a visit, but the United game may screw that up, may get moved to another date, but it is a GT/Vandy battle right now.

GT still leads for Nick Fulwider but UNC made a strong push into a second place position. He said Duke "sucked" but Cutcliffe was cool (I laughed my ass off when he said that) and I'll have a story on him tomorrow. Looking at a July/August decision for him.

Andrew Johnson is very much in play for GT despite his impressive offers. He really likes CAM and said he liked how GT is set up. Look for an update on him soon as well.

CB/WR Juanyeh Thomas still is talking up GT and he may have waited to long on the Gators, so it could be an Auburn/GT battle now.

Expect a decision soon from Kenneth Dicks, he had a great visit to GT the other day.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News