ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL RECRUITING Recruiting Buzz 2/1

Kelly Quinlan

Staff
Jul 10, 2006
East Cobb
5-star ATH Demetrius Robertson could sign on NSD if he opts not to go to Stanford and skip his UGA official visit. His schools in order as of today are Stanford, ND or GT, UGA. Stanford may just be out for a variety of reasons including his test score, leaving a GT/ND battle. I'm not saying he is coming but it is closer than I ever thought it would be.

4-star OL Donavaughn Campbell is still waffling despite what people are saying. He could decide on NSD morning and just fax a LOI to GT to avoid drama.

4-star safety Romeo Finley will tell the staffs where he is going tonight and announce on Tuesday. Real close between GT and Miami, his dad is a Cane fan, but Romeo is a strange cat... Coin flip probably.

3-star Jordan Johnson will not be coming to GT, he says he needs a fresh start so he told the GT staff, I expect him to sign with UCF and GT will avoid an unnecessary drama bullet.

2-star DE/LB Josh White from Walton HS will walk-on at GT, he turned down Syracuse, Navy and Army to come to Tech.

Overall the staff is very pleased with the 2016 class, they would like Finley and Campbell as cappers, the defensive back position didn't work out the way they planned because Baylen Buchanan and some other top targets blew up, it was a thin year at CB across the country even in Florida and they want one more OL, hopefully it is Campbell, but there is just a major vacuum for OLs this year as well. Hopefully they can fix that in the 2017 class if the class looks better.

I also think a transfer in or some late non-NSD kids could visit post-Wednesday.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News