ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL RECRUITING Recruiting Buzz 11/4

Kelly Quinlan

Staff
Jul 10, 2006
East Cobb
Football: Not a ton going on right now with the season in full swing. GT is looking at B-backs now more heavily and they are still working on Jalen Holston as well. Between Dedrick Mills struggles off the field and Marcus Marshall's struggle to run between the tackles, they are in the market for another B-back as a safeguard. Obviously Bruce Jordan-Swilling would make the ultimate B-back, but that will be up to Bruce if he wants to give it a shot when he gets on campus.

Keep an eye on Antwaun Branch (Purdue commit) and Jordan Ponchez-Mason both from Tenn.

Defensive line search is still going on, USC offered both Hawaiian kids, but they are both still planning to OV to GT, I think USC will fill up before they have a chance to visit there.

Malik Willis is planning to OV to GT in December and he keeps coming on campus. I think he is looking for a reason to come to GT...

Leonard Warner's family is pushing GT to keep recruiting their son. I thought if he was going to UGA it would be done by now. Stanford remains very appealing to him as well.

I could still see GT taking a true safety like Stuart Head or Tariq Carpenter. Carpenter basically would commit if GT tells them they want him.

HOOPS SCOOP

3-star wing Clyde Trapp was dropped by GT and won't be taking an OV... Lots of weirdness with his recruitment. 5-star big man Wendell Carter is on his OV to GT, 5-star PG/SG Collin Sexton is in Athens for his last OV (though he is more than likely going to Bama) and 4-star PF Rayshaun Hammonds is in Athens as well this weekend (unofficial) and may be a Georgia lean now.

Texas A&M is jumping back in on Jay Jay Chandler so that is an added hurdle for the Jackets, he had cut his list to 5, but it should be 6 with A&M, VT, GT, UGA, WKU and USC.

Reactions: oil loader 21
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News