ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL RECRUITING Recruiting Buzz 11/10

Kelly Quinlan

Staff
Jul 10, 2006
East Cobb
Just a few things going on, with the season winding down and kids focused on their final HS games not a lot going on.

Given the issues with Mills, GT is looking around at B-backs. Obviously they are still working on Jalen Holston who they've offered. Antwuan Branch (Kenwood-Tenn) would probably be the next guy to get an offer. He is sort of committed to Purdue, but not really. CAM has been working on him. An interesting name to watch is Sandalwood (Fla.) RB Logan Wright who is leading the state of Florida in rushing. Heard GT is poking around checking on him. He is 6'1" 210 right now and his film is impressive. GT is also getting some feelers on people interested transferring in so that will be weighed as well.

Malik Willis is still planning a December OV to GT. He was supposed to OV to VaTech this weekend, but his team is in the playoffs so I guess that got moved back because of that. Willis says he feels some sort of connection at GT, staff still working him hard.

Defensive tackle remains a key target. Antwan Owens jumped the gun on his GT offer, but he will end up with one and will visit in January I believe. Both Hawaiian kids will visit in Jan as well.

I expect recruiting to pick up significantly after the UGA game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News