ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL RECRUITING Recruiting Buzz 1/24

Kelly Quinlan

Staff
Jul 10, 2006
East Cobb
I'm not doing a war room yet. There are too many moving parts to this thing to get caught up in that, but maybe later in the week. I do have a prediction at the end of this.

The biggest thing right now is keeping the class intact, that is what the staff will be working very hard on, keeping off poachers.

Coaches out today. CPJ and CLO on the road visited Tariq Carpenter today. GT still wants him and Kaleb Oliver badly as big DB.

Coach Roof was up in Gwinnett today checking on commits and 2018 kids. He will be down to check on the Swilling boys later this week and down in Mobile to check on Marlon Williams. LSU where he visited last weekend doesn't have a spot for him right now. Tennessee who was trying to get a visit, but got bumped by GT picked up another WR today who is the same type of player as Williams so that should eliminate them. UCF may be the only real competition right now for Williams.

Coach Preston is headed back from Hawaii. He was working on Myron Tagovailoa-Amosa and Aliki Vimahi as well as checking on Michael Minihan. Spots are thinning for both the Hawaiian DTs, USC has just two spots left on their DL and six targets, only one of which is a long shot. It would be a big deal if they can get one of them to sign with GT. Those kids are probably the hardest for any of the recruiting people or coaches to get a read on. Washington jumped in with an offer tonight to Myron so that is interesting. I think it is too late for them though.

Coach McCollum was down in South Georgia, Tift County and that area working on 2018 targets. I expect he will be up in Tenn later in the week to check on Oliver and Jordan Ponchez-Mason .

On Jaquan Henderson I was told he shut down Tennessee and they've moved on. Butch was trying to get a visit out of him for the 27th.

Coach Pelton went to see Jamal Woods today. Woods was trying to do a mid-week visit and GT wasn't interested, they don't want to be bumped for Illinois. Woods will have to commit to a weekend visit or GT will move on.

How things could finish

20 as of today

I expect GT to land
Kaleb Oliver
Tariq Carpenter
Marlon Williams

I'm unsure if Adonicas Sanders or Woods take their OVs as of today. Checking on their statuses, they may want two WRs.

Supposedly there is another OL target who could get offered this week and visit. That would make 24, they are shooting for 26 so that leaves guys like Vimahi, Myron or inbound transfers.

I was also told Leonard Warner told UGA they are full and now FSU is back in the game along with Stanford. LOL

Be an interesting finish, expect some new names and/or new offers like OLs over the next 48 hours.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News