ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Internship help

Marquis621

Gold Member
Dec 8, 2018
So I figured it won’t hurt to post this here for a lot of Tech guys to see. My name is Marquis. I live in Braselton, Ga and am a fourth year student at the University of North Georgia (Gainesville). Before graduating next year, I need to apply for and complete an internship. I am hoping to start this summer or fall. I am a political science major with a concentration in pre-law. I would be graduating this spring, but I switched my major from biology (pre-pharmacy concentration). Science just wasn’t as interesting as I thought it was haha. My mom, who’s a nurse, wanted me to be in the medical field, so I took her advice instead of doing what I wanted to do. I plan on taking my LSAT this fall and applying to law schools soon after. I have always wanted to practice law, and am on my way toward that goal. With that being said, I am wondering if anyone has any knowledge about any internships at least loosely related to law. Paid or unpaid.

I am 21 years old. I have earned a 3.70 GPA thus far, which will qualify me to graduate Magna Cum Laude. I participate in the Model United Nations and was awarded with the award for Outstanding Position Paper while representing Switzerland last semester. I also have interest in National and state politics, as shown by my involvement in the UNG Nighthawks Politics club. Fmr. Gov. Nathan Deal is one of my professors this semester, so I am lucky to have such an experienced person who I can access. With only about 10 people in that course, it is an interesting and personal setting.

Honestly, what better place to come for this than to a board where most members are successful alumni of a great institute. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks, guys!

@Marquis621
The best service that was ever provided to me at Tech was the Career Services center. Does North Georgia have something similar?

GT Career Services had resume consultants, interview consultants, and arranged for all of the companies hiring Tech students (co op, internships, real jobs) to post job openings on their site and would conduct interviews in their offices.

ADVERTISEMENT