ADVERTISEMENT

Open Question

josh9487

Gold Member
Jul 16, 2009
I have always wandered why all of these Justin Thomas type 4 star guys always go strait to these factory schools without even considering "lesser" schools as a viable option. Let me start this off with saying that I understand that winning consistently is very important to everyone and I can understand that completely. I can understand how an 18 year old kid can be easily wowed into committing to a school such as Alabama, Oregon, Ohio State, etc.... However, I don't understand why more kids don't consider the following. Why would you want to go take your chances at one of these factory schools where they have absolutely no loyalty to anyone and they have 6-7 other kids as talented (in many cases more talented). I understand that all kids think just because they have beaten up on 5'5" high school "football players" all year that they can beat out anyone for a playing spot (and you want a kid with this type of confidence). However, I have always felt that if I was a rivals 250 fringe 4 star prospect I would have to seriously consider a school like GT, VT, etc..... My main reasoning for saying this is because if you come to a school like this you have a much higher chance of seeing the field early. You are haled as a hero for picking this type of school by its fans, coaches, and players. Everyone knows who you are and you have a much higher chance of being a stand out player at one of these schools. I have spoken to many people concerning this and they, sometimes, tell me that they have a higher chance of going pro at factory schools. I don't really agree with this assessment because that kind of athleticism is going to shine at a school like GT. If you don't believe me just look at where Justin Thomas is after his sophomore season. You mean to tell me that you can actually say, with a strait face, that he would be a household name and early Heisman candidate if he would have gone to Alabama. There is no way in hell you can tell me that you actually believe that. If JT had gone to Alabama he would simply be another talented corner and probably not have even seen the playing field yet. I mean am I crazy? Thoughts?
This post was edited on 2/10 8:09 PM by josh9487

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News