ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Notes and quotes from Wednesday practice and player media...

Alex Farrer

Silver Member
Jul 27, 2024
We got to chat with Jamal Haynes, Sylvain Yondjoeun and Luke Harpring who made his Tech media debut. (I also typed Matt into my story and corrected it about three times while writing it). Will have more on Harpring in a feature later this week.

Also, Coach Key came up to me, Chad (AJC guy) and the assistant football SID Anthony during media viewing of practice and kind of just shot the breeze with us while they did individual position drills. Key said he gets to see the most out of the players at practice when they think he's not watching so he tries to act like he's doing other things during practice to make them think he's not watching. I think you guys might've been right about the question I asked yesterday because jokingly Coach Key asked me why I had to wait until the last question of the presser to ask about special teams. Ha. He said some other things (and words) that I won't divulge, but I thought it was pretty cool that he came over and just chatted with us off the record for a few minutes. I guess I still have to kind of pinch myself with this job.

Anyway, enough rambling, here are the notes and quotes from today:

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.