ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL NCAA Dead Period

sjohnson_15

Jan 3, 2019
NCAA Oversight Committee has recommended the dead period be extended through May 31st. I had read not too long ago that they were looking to move into a "quiet period" meaning that visits could resume, but coaches couldn't go off campus to have in-person contact with recruits or their families. This whole thing is getting extremely frustrating because it's not hurting the "blue bloods" - they can continue to recruit solely off of a logo.

I'd be interested to get some insight on is how this will impact future recruiting should the dead period get extended through the summer and fall months. The industry nor coaches have had a chance to see these guys live in a year. For 2021 and 2022 players, plenty of time & leg work was spent on evaluation prior to the pandemic. For 2023 and beyond I fear it's gonna be a crap shoot because there is less tape (some states had a season, some didn't), little to no camp circuit, ect.

I know better than the expect the NCAA to do anything other than sit on their hands, but at some point there has to be guidelines or a plan in place to let things continue in a way that is safe for players, coaches, and their families. Hell, the P5 conferences might be better off to break away from the NCAA and figure it out amongst themselves.

Thank you for attending my Ted Talk.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News