ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Mark Bradley Prediction For Tech Football

YellowJacketJoe

Gold Member
Sep 22, 2009
As for Georgia Tech: Call me crazy, but I see good things happening for the Yellow Jackets. Heck, I see them upsetting Florida State.

(Here we pause for you to scream, “That’s not crazy – that’s IMBECILIC!”)

(Done with the screaming? Good. We move ahead.)

Yes, I believe FSU was mistreated by the CFP. I also believe it will take a while for the Seminoles to get over what happened on Selection Sunday and what then happened in the Orange Bowl, which saw their third-stringers lose to Georgia by 60.

Tech plays FSU in Dublin, and not the Dublin in Georgia or Ohio. This game will be staged in the auld – Irish for “old” – Dublin, which is an ocean away. Preseason consensus holds that the Jackets are a pretty good team with a really bad schedule, but what if some big names on that schedule aren’t as big as advertised?

Tech is coming off a season that could have been much worse – the Jackets mounted epic comebacks versus ranked opponents Miami and North Carolina, each of which was complicit in its collapse – but also much better. Flip home losses to Bowling Green and Boston College and 7-6 becomes 9-4. Whoa, Nellie.

Brent Key has done well to move beyond the #404Takeover. In Haynes King, Tech has a real quarterback. If Tech plays any defense at all, good things could happen. Come Aug. 24, the world will watch to see how FSU comes off its difficult winter. The world will see the season’s first upset.

I’m not sure how high Tech’s ceiling is; I’m also not sure how good the rest of the ACC will be. Should the Jackets start 1-0 – and not fall to 1-1 by losing to Georgia State – I can indeed see them winning nine games. Maybe that really is imbecilic, but it’s not like I’m picking Tech to beat Georgia.

Though, come to think of it, Tech did give Georgia a game last season. Hmm.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.