ADVERTISEMENT

Mailbag 4/3

Kelly Quinlan

Staff
Jul 10, 2006
East Cobb

What is the go/no go date for JHD? Grades out when ?

End of summer semester.

How is Preddy coming along?

He is okay rolling with the threes right now as he is a little bit behind Klock and Stickler.

2. Which offensive RS FR has stood out to you this spring?

C.J. Leggett is having a nice camp so far.

3. Which deffensive RS FR has stood out to you this spring?

There are only two R-FR on D, Jalen Johnson and Tre Jackson and neither are having a spectacular spring so far.

Other than Quade how do the early enrollees look so far?

They are all in over their heads right now which is expected. Really you don't learn much about the guys until fall camp once they are settled down or maybe the last week of spring ball. Will Bryan is very strong.

I get to choose one game to go to this year which one should I pick....live in southern Illinois so I'm limited to one gm a yr.....I'm lookin at either ND, FSU, or UGA

I would go to the Notre Dame game and that might be the easiest for you travel wise. I have never been there so I'm looking forward to it.

Lots of transfer names floating around. Plus Bolden not working out with team seems to = two schollies.
What are you hearing on who we want most? And have a good chance at?
Adam Smith? Tyler Harris? Malik Ellison? Trey Lewis?

Harris is a maybe, they had serious interest in GT. Not sure where Adam Smith is going, not sure he fits a need. GT needs a scoring post player and a scoring PG not a two-guard. Malik Ellison has to sit out a year so that isn't much of a help. Trey Lewis Trey Lewis is looking at Louisville and Xavier, GT is trying to get in the mix, but seriously what the hell is Gregory going to say if Pitino wants you or Chris Mack…

2) With Chris Griffin out for the coming year, who do you think will be the OT two-deep?

They have not said for certain he is out for the entire year, but I think they are fine at OT with or without Griffin.

LT- Fromayan, Klock
RT- Joe, Stickler

Maybe Will Bryan pushes into the group, not sure, I think Will is better off at guard.

3) OK, moving Chamberlain to OG improves versatility, but there must be other reasons. I guess. Are there?

He is better in less space and can hold his ground well. It makes a lot of sense to move him there. He is also very solid and with an injury/fatigue prone Shamire DeVine and a first-time player Gary Brown, you need someone with some experience. Joe is better in space than Chamberlain therefore you move Chamberlain inside.

Likelihood that Will Bryan starts a game in 2015 given the injuries and moves?

I hate to say this because I love the kid, but seriously less than ZERO. Exactly one true freshman has ever started at GT under CPJ on the OL, Shaq Mason in the Sun Bowl in 2011 after playing a full season and Uzzi got hurt.
- Any reviews thus far on the guys trying new positions this Spring?

Qua Searcy is taking to A-back really well. Brigham has done pretty well at center. Marcus Allen, ehh.

Can you petition MBob to make the next concert event at BDS to include Rush?

That would be very awesome but the boys are already coming to Atlanta in May and this is their last big tour.

Is there any likelihood of a verbal any time soon? Who? When?

Who knows, until June it is just a guessing game. Jakob Brashear came out of left field.

Are there any players who have performed better than expected this Spring?

It is the first full week in pads, ask again after they have another scrimmage under their belt.

Are any of the R-FR linemen noticeably bigger and/or stronger than observed last Fall?

All got a little bit bigger, I am pretty impressed with Trey Klock.

Who are the top 5 obtainable guys on GT's recruiting board right now regardless of position?

BB- Dedrick Mills
DT- Michail Carter
DE- Tomon Fox
S- Jordan Mack
OLB- Jonathan Smith

Has the ACC gained any recruiting buzz with recruits with the good season last year and on-field success vs the SEC?

Hard to say, I still hear a lot of I'm waiting for SEC offers crap.

Why do you think GT has connected with so many players from Alabama (i.e.most of the ones signed have been big contributors)?

A lot of the staff have had strong connections in that state including Charles Kelly (played at AU), Mike Pelton (played at AU) and Brad Waggoner all coached in that state.

In the 1 week Gregory limbo what names did you hear were interested in the GT job if it opened?

It was two weeks and the name that had the most buzz was Mike Young at Wofford who has taken his team to the NCAA tournament in four of his last six seasons and he rebuilt that thing.

GT will win 9 games if _____ happens?

They get consistent play from one of the young B-backs and JHD can play.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News