ADVERTISEMENT

Hope some old buddies drop by to say hi

In stunning fashion, the Braves announced today that general manager John Coppolella has resigned, effective immediately, in the wake of a “breach of Major League Baseball rules regarding the international player market.” Special assistant Gordon Blakely is also reportedly resigning from his post as Major League Baseball works to conclude an investigation that is said to have been ongoing for multiple weeks.

The Braves are picking up manager Brian Snitker’s option for the 2018 season, Bill Shanks of the Macon Telegraph first reported (via Twitter). David O’Brien of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution writes that decisions about the coaching staff are still being made, adding there won’t be a formal announcement of Snitker’s return until later this week.

not sure why they didn't wait for the new GM to make this decision unless there was a timeline specified in the contract for the option.

BFL, are you hearing any rumblings about a road game against Hawaii on December 2nd?

Last edited:
Also I want to point out that Berry finished a perfect season 10-0 and will be hosting its first ever playoff game. Saturday at noon!

Congrats to Berry!!

Hawaii has an exemption that allows them to play a 13th regular season game.

BAJ- My belated congrats to you, your son and that fine Berry team!

Hope you guys are all doing well. Miss the comradarie, especially with our common interests. Can you believe the Braves had the best record in the N.L. with a 25-15 record. Then, last night the closer blows the 2-1 lead in the ninth to the Cubbies for a loss. I’m predicting 8 wins for football this coming season. By the ghost of GTJT622, the defense will start to gel towards the end of the year. Stech81, still in charge of our blocking, and probably glad to have DeFoor eligible. Go Jackets, Tennis!

6 Top Questions:
So what really happened to GTJT?
Do we still play football?
How long until CFDH makes the GT HoF?
With Okogie gone, who's better GT men's or women's team?
Will golf ever get back over the hump?
Are we now a women's tennis school?

Edge Center looks good, BAJ!

Stinger:
1)He must be coaching AAU full-time. Must have fully retired from all Tech social media. Can’t blame him. It’s not easy watching our MBB, either.
2)Rumor is we will start playing relevant football again under Collins. Gap integrity, even during stunts on defense. Everyone kept their lanes when I watched film on the defenses of Miss. St., Fla., Temple.
3)CFDH should be in our Hall of Shame, for ruining our reputation the last decade. Will he ever leave?
4)Women’s B.B. has more promise. Pastner is in a recruiting funk.
5)Golf is loaded. As GTJT states: We are a golf school.
6)Tennis is our back up sport, to golf. Don’t you think?

Coach Collins loved the Waffle House, prior to his diet. He slimmed down, now. I think his defense will make GTJT proud. STech and the offense might need a transfusion. Hopefully, we get a lucky hire in an O.C.(Because we never put both sides of the ball together for very long).

Hello to Texwood, great guy who kept us grounded! Our peacemaker.

Hope everyone is well!

Stinger:
1)He must be coaching AAU full-time. Must have fully retired from all Tech social media. Can’t blame him. It’s not easy watching our MBB, either.
2)Rumor is we will start playing relevant football again under Collins. Gap integrity, even during stunts on defense. Everyone kept their lanes when I watched film on the defenses of Miss. St., Fla., Temple.
3)CFDH should be in our Hall of Shame, for ruining our reputation the last decade. Will he ever leave?

Coach Collins loved the Waffle House, prior to his diet. He slimmed down, now. I think his defense will make GTJT proud. STech and the offense might need a transfusion. Hopefully, we get a lucky hire in an O.C.(Because we never put both sides of the ball together for very long).

Hope everyone is well!
BFL,

Just wandered back over here to see what's going on. The answers to those questions are now apparent:
1. In a drunken stupor
2. Only marginally so
3. Never
4. Both are good, but I'd still have to give the edge to WBB
5. Yes, but women's tennis is more fun to watch
6. Still WIP

Stinger:

Hope everyone is well!
Hey Buzzforlife, so let's see how you did from Spring 2018:
1. GTJT actually resurfaced over on the Hive...
2. Nope. Collins took us down the rat hole. Hope is now on Key or maybe Chadwell...
3. CFDH is still kicking... same old, same old...
4. At this point, who knows. but my money's on Nell.
5. Yes, golf is good.
6. No, we are a women's volleyball school.

THWG

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT