ADVERTISEMENT

***COMMIT*** Former USC PG Kyle Sturdivant

giphy.gif

The only thing I wonder in the future is why recruit high school kids anymore or at a minimum only elite kids. Its almost getting to a point why not wait and get a transfer after year 1. Its almost sad its coming to this.

In case you’re wondering- we expect him to be eligible immediately regardless if the ncaa passes the new transfer rule.

Based on what happened I almost wish the NCAA would not make him ineligible. It would be media suicide for the NCAA. That said I would never want Kyle to go through that.

I expect both of these transfers to contribute in the short-term, however where they should really add value is down the line when Jose and Moses leave. Good pickup.

I look at Kyle as a poor man’s Bruce Dalrymple. Extreme and never-ending energy. Excellent defender. Unselfish. Adequate handler. Not a shooting threat. Wonderful addition IMHO.

If he is a poor man’s Bruce Dalrymple, match made. I’m a poor man and I’d love to see the second coming of Dalrymple.

Bruce didn’t score by the bushel. Just clutch baskets with the game on the line.

Saw earlier in this thread that Sturdivant hit 13 of 13 free throws in a tournament. Seems passably acceptable to a team like us with our FT shooting.

hmj

One more spot for now. Until the NCAA rules on the appeal, they can take one more.

12 as of today:
Moses
Alvarado
Usher
Devoe
Moore
Parham
Didenko
Howard
Sturdivant
Saba
Meka
Maxwell
This is the most talent we have had in quite some time. If we can get that grad transfer Big we will easily win 20+ next year!

Moses SR
Alvarado SR
Usher SR
Parham SR

Devoe JR
Moore JR
Didenko JR

Howard SO
Sturdivant SO

Saba FR
Meka FR
Maxwell FR

Loving how we filled that sophomore class back with some talent and balanced the roster with these 2 additions. Outside of Didenko, I'm really happy with the roster that's been put together. Lets hope we can land that grad transfer center.

Going into the following year, assuming all of this stays the same:

Devoe SR
Moore SR
Didenko SR

Howard JR
Sturdivant JR

Saba SO
Meka SO
Maxwell SO

Starting to look good towards the 'get old, stay old' mantra... I'd want 1 or 2 grad transfers plus a sold 3 or 4 player class for the next cycle. Hopefully we can keep the momentum thing.

Last edited:
Moses SR
Alvarado SR
Usher SR

Devoe JR
Moore JR
Parham JR
Didenko JR

Howard SO
Sturdivant SO

Saba FR
Meka FR
Maxwell FR

Loving how we filled that sophomore class back with some talent and balanced the roster with these 2 additions. Outside of Didenko, I'm really happy with the roster that's been put together. Lets hope we can land that grad transfer center.

Going into the following year, assuming all of this stays the same:

Devoe SR
Moore SR
Parham SR
Didenko SR

Howard JR
Sturdivant JR

Saba SO
Meka SO
Maxwell SO

Starting to look good towards the 'get old, stay old' mantra... I'd want 1 or 2 grad transfers plus a sold 3 or 4 player class for the next cycle. Hopefully we can keep the momentum thing.
Bubba Parham is a senior next year.

Good pickup. @Kelly Quinlan you mentioned last month that there were a lot of high-level guys interested in playing with Jose, Devoe and Moses and that they would be guys that had actually played, unlike how Banks was as a transfer. Do the 2 guys we’ve gotten so far fit that description, or will our 3rd ‘ship be a guy that fits that description? So far both transfers, while they are solid pick-ups in my opinion, don’t really seem like high-level transfers that have logged meaningful minutes for their previous teams.

Reactions: NickJ0321
Maybe a lesser version of Jarrett Jack. He will not be the player Jack was. I just think there are similarities in their games and in their intangible qualities

After watching videos just now, the first player I thought of was Jarrett Jack. His handles and tough finishes around the rim after absorbing contact remind me of him. If I recall correctly, Jack was not known as a great shooting prospect right out of HS either.

Good pickup. @Kelly Quinlan you mentioned last month that there were a lot of high-level guys interested in playing with Jose, Devoe and Moses and that they would be guys that had actually played, unlike how Banks was as a transfer. Do the 2 guys we’ve gotten so far fit that description, or will our 3rd ‘ship be a guy that fits that description? So far both transfers, while they are solid pick-ups in my opinion, don’t really seem like high-level transfers that have logged meaningful minutes for their previous teams.
Well Sturdivant wasn’t in the portal at that time I wrote that. He changed the math some. The final spot can be used for someone who can shoot or a post for immediate help. Josh is trying to shot he can win year after next too with Howard and Sturdivant. Not being able to show that is what got BG fired.

Well Sturdivant wasn’t in the portal at that time I wrote that. He changed the math some. The final spot can be used for someone who can shoot or a post for immediate help. Josh is trying to shot he can win year after next too with Howard and Sturdivant. Not being able to show that is what got BG fired.

If he's thinking about building depth for 21-22 season, Markusson would be out of consideration, right? I wonder if it's a conditional scenario where if we miss on Markusson, take the best underclassman available shooter.

Reactions: halfmetaljacket

Thanks Kelly!

ADVERTISEMENT