ADVERTISEMENT

Couch Coach vs. KSU

ibeeballin

Gold Member
Jul 17, 2012
Here are a few gifs i decided to breakdown to give an idea of what happened on field vs. KSU These are used to give others a different perspective on how to watch football. I don’t do this to disparage players or coaches, but to give insight to GT enthusiast on what I’ve learned as a player and avid football fan.

Today is very offense heavy due to us running a junk defense that won’t carry over. With that being said, i thought we had a good strategy taking away the dive and making this a perimeter game where we are bigger, stronger & faster.

giphy.gif

OMG 2 back set!!!!! 1st play of the game, we have #1 Gibbs split out wide and #27 Mason in the backfield running jet sweep with Gibbs. We hear about culture built effort, but how often to we see it. This is a tone setting blocking Mason blowing the LB up. Excellent job Leonard catching the Gameday sale on blocks. He sealed the edge and got a 2-for-1

giphy.gif

Here we have the “ Duo” gap scheme blocking that i brought up last week. We have two double teams on the DTs. The front side (where the ball is design run) is attempting drive that double team back to the LB. Many ask why we are not breaking big runs and this is big reason why. We are 1 block away on the 2nd level. If Cooper slips off the double team climb to the LB #49, i believe Gibbs is fast enough the outrun the pursuit angle of the LB. Also, if you think Gibbs lost step. This play says otherwise

giphy.gif

A lot of questions remain about Yates to some and whether he should remain the starter. All i now is he’s getting the ball to where needs to be and he’s throwing a catchable ball. Here Yates hit #7 Carter on the skinny post right on the hash in btw the deep corner and middle safety. Helluva throw if you ask me.

giphy.gif
2 BACKS!!!! Here we have playaction off of the Gibbs jet motion. We have a bootleg action with a flood concept. Mason is open but Yates read the CB in a bail technique and hits #7 Carter on the comeback route

giphy.gif

My excitement with Yates at QB is the distribution of wealth. We are finally running our screen game and getting the ball out to the playmaker. Just look at the LBs how much attention our RBs draw. This a great way to steal yds and keep the chains moving

giphy.gif

Same action off the RPO, good job by #8 McCollum making guys miss

giphy.gif

Can we please show the TEs some love???!!!????

Here we have a 0 Blitz (0 deep zones in coverage). #13 Yates has his mind made up after reading the blitz to take the 1on1 shot on the outside, but look at the Hback TE. Wide open and an easier throw for Yates. Not a bad read for man coverage tho

giphy.gif

Culture is established and permeates a team when your best guys play like and do dirty work as if they are the 86th guy on the roster. Sky kick to #6 Jamious Griffin in effort to avoid kicking to Gibbs. Gibbs goes in Fullback mode and level the 1st guy then looks for more work (wish our OL did this ***cough cough***). Bad read by Jamious. If he goes toward the sideline as Gibbs seals the block, Griffin would have the kicker to beat.

giphy.gif

Lone defensive gif. #25 Charlie Thomas is probably the 1st LB in a long time at GT that has looked up the route and doesn’t drop too far outside the hash and create a window for the throw. Great job here!

giphy.gif

Again it appears we are in our offensive bag a bit more with Yates at QB. Just appears we are stretching defenses both vertically and horizontally with more effectiveness with Yates. I understand the opponent is not the best, but the offense feels a bit more fluid now. Here is a well executed HB Screen. TE has guy blocks and leaves him and that is who makes the play.

giphy.gif

Appears to be another screen play but due to bad technique with the RT, We allow the blitzer to affect the timing of the throw. As stated, RT was a huge issue this past Saturday and mostly due to bad technique and/or panicking. Williams has to pass wide to impede the blitzer.

giphy.gif

#13 Yates and #2 McGowan knowledge of the offense and chemistry shines here. We have another 0 blitz from KSU. Yates recognizes the blitz and throws it to his hot route. I don’t know if #7 Carter intentionally did this or not but with him attempting to block McGowan guy, it took his guy in man coverage inside with him creating an open sideline for Kyric to score.

giphy.gif

Probably one of our better executed plays. Motion from Carter the CB with leaving us with a blocker for a defender and #4 Smith untouched.

Overall good game and execution. I hope we continue to get better especially in the trenches bc we will need to do so to win in the AC

Last edited by a moderator:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News