ADVERTISEMENT

Clemson?

Jacket Up

Gold Member
May 14, 2009
Every time I see a four or five star prospect from Georgia or the other SE states and see who's after the guy and who the guy seemingly "LOVES" - CLEMSON, a very large chip forms on my shoulder. HOW and WHY does this school hold such MAGNETISM?

They`ve had some decent seasons lately, better than us I`ll admit. But last year`s rankings were really a farce when they were scoring 10-12 points to beat the likes BC, Louisville, Syracuse, USCe, and uga killed`em. Another "get ranked and stay high", if you ask me.

I don`t think they`re cheating, because I think Dabo is basically a straight arrow. But boy, they really appeal to a lot of kids, and they sell the hell out of their school. They`ve got 80% (my guess) of their prospects believing they`re "just like some school like Michigan or Notre Dame". And the parents love that location, seventy miles from civilization.

Certainly being in the ACC doesn`t hurt their appeal. The factory lovers consider them a regular SEC type school -which they are, except their players don`t get in trouble, but their academic ranking is surely no higher than MSU.

I`m certain that we can catch their ranking with the next couple of seasons, but when they are ranked in the top ten (?) and we`re 18 - 23, and they are losing their whole defense and most of their OLs, and a very fine OC----How do they do it?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News