ADVERTISEMENT

CFB Pick 'Em Contest: Week 14 of 14 (Dec. 2-3)

Texwood

Jul 27, 2015
Week 13 Recap: The week once again belonged to SPRITE6 who went an impressive 7-3 to build a six length lead over the trio of BornAJacket, stech81, and RyanS12. As we come down the backstretch, the race is for place and show among those three. What I'd really like to see is for Buzzforlife and BFL Jr. to have good enough weeks to finish at 50%+ as it would be great for the entire field to be at parity or better!

Standings through week 13:

SPRITE6 74-53 (58.3%)
BornAJacket 68-59 (53.5%)
stech81 68-59 (53.5%)
RyanS12 68-59 (53.5%)
Texwood 66-61 (52.0%)
Buzzforlife 64-63 (50.4%)
BFL, Jr.: 62-65 (48.8%)

Week 14 games and spreads below: We have a pair of Friday night games heading into championship week so get your picks in before that first game kicks off. Please note that all championship games are held on a neutral site.

Game 1: Fri 7:00 Western Michigan -19 at Ohio (MAC Championship)

Game 2: Fri 9:00 Colorado at Washington -7.5 (Pac-12 Championship)

Game 3: 12:00 Troy -7 at Georgia Southern

Game 4: 12:00 Temple at Navy -3 (AAC Championship)

Game 5: 12:30 Oklahoma State at Oklahoma -11

Game 6: 3:30 Baylor at West Virginia -17

Game 7: 4:00 Alabama -24 at Florida (SEC Championship)

Game 8: 7:45 San Diego State -7 at Wyoming (MWC Championship)

Game 9: 8:00 Clemson -10 at Virginia Tech (ACC Championship)

Game 10: 8:00 Wisconsin -2 at Penn State (Big-10 Championship)

Last edited:
1)Ohio(although the W. Michigan team has been fantastic).
2)Colorado(Mike MacIntyre for President of the USA).
3)Ga. Southern(again, Troy has been fabulous at 9-2...it might fall right on the number).
4)Navy(tough game to call, Temple is not bad at all).
5)Okie St.((probably going to regret taking the dog).
6)Baylor(the AD is gone, Liberty be thy destination).
7)Alabama(this is going to be ugly, Satan has no mercy). Best defense Ala. vs. one of the worst offenses, Fla.
8)Wyoming(another game could end up on the number).
9)Clemson(which VPI shows up? Can be turnover prone).
10)Penn. St.(remember Ga. St. vs. Wisky? I do, I'll take the two...Franklin wins it or loses by a point).

Great fun, many thanks to all for making it happen!

Texwood, thought I was 6-4 last week instead of 5-5. Thought the last four were right? GT and Michigan, were good picks, also?

BFL, Jr. was 5-5 and not 4-6?

Can I get a recount without financing it?

Sorry about that mate, put 5-5 for both of you guys by mistake. Standings have been updated (already had Jr at 5-5 so he went from 57-60 to 62-65).

Reactions: Buzzforlife
1) ohio +19 I have no idea
2) Washington -7.5
3) Troy -7
4) Navy -3
5) Oklahoma -11 does anyone care
6) Baylor +17
7) Florida +24 hard to turn down the points
8) Wyoming +7
9) Clemson +10
10) Wisconsin -2

WMU. (PJ Fleck rumors of Oregon being interested in hiring him. If he does take another job I hope he coaches the bowl game for WMU)

Washington
Troy
Navy
Oklahoma
WV
Florida
SDSU
Clemson
Wisconsin

For the first time in weeks I've had some time to think about these. Here's to hoping for a strong finish after sinking in the standings over the past month or so.

Ohio - Largest losing margin all season has been 9 at Tennessee. Hoping their penchant for staying in games allows them to cover 19.
Colorado - The Buffaloes QB Sefo Liufau is hitting on all cylinders late in the season and I expect his performance will be enough to keep this one close.
Troy - Tyson Summers has had a rough season in his first year leading the Eagles. Not sure what is going on down there, but GSU is a team to bet against - they are 2-9 ATS.
Temple - Haason Reddick is the sort of defensive lineman that can throw a big bad monkey wrench into the well oiled triple option machine.
OSU - That number is too big for a heated rivalry like this, especially with the dog coming in riding a seven game winning streak.
West Virginia - Baylor looks like the poster child for a team that has thrown in the towel.
Alabama - This is a big number and rightfully so. It's quite possible that Florida's offense goes scoreless in this game, and their defense has been decimated by injuries. Saban loves to RUTS so not expecting any chance for a back door cover.
Wyoming - I don't have an opinion one way or the other on this one, so pulled out my lucky coin and flipped it.
Clemson - That loss to Pitt seems to have lit a fire under this team with thorough beat downs handed out to Wake and USCe.
Wisconsin - I've been a big believer in that defense all season long and good defense tends to win big games. I do think it will be close so glad that the number is less than a FG.

Last edited:
BFL, Jr.
-----------

West Mich.(42-21).
Wash.(50-42).
Troy(30-20).
Navy(41-34).
Oklahoma(41-27).
West. Va.(35-14).
Fla.(41-35, upset).
San Diego St.(31-17).
Clem.(49-35).
Wisconsin(42-36).

Everybody took Troy, except me....please Eagles, don't pull a Colorado Buffalo(looked like sheep last night).

Thank you Sprite6, for taking Penn. St. With your excellent history of selections, I'm not alone on that limb in the last game tonight.

Hope reigns for a .500 season. I'd rather be 20 over or 20 under, but it is what it is. Pulling for all to wind up and stay up, over that said demarcation line.

I just noticed that Clemson was a unanimous pick in this contest. When that happens with a favorite, the dog usually wins outright. For GT FB, that would mean dropping from the Gator Bowl to the Military Bowl. Hope we didn't curse ourselves :(

Bud Foster has been calling his D Tenuta style on that last couple of drives with a bunch of zero blitzes - and it's working.

Unofficial totals, pending the Texwood Count
Sprite6....6-4....80-57(wow!). Championship Man!!
Stech81..5-5....73-64
BAJ........3-7....71-66
Ryan12...2-8....70-67
Texwood4-6....70-67
BFL........6-4....70-67
BFL, Jr...2-8....64-73

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT