ADVERTISEMENT

Brent Key and staff at Duke game

TheRealBuzzweiser

Gold Member
Dec 11, 2019
East Cobb
I went to the Duke game on Saturday. My college roommate has season tix in the Callaway Club. Everyone that has been there knows it's a pretty nice set-up. Brent was there, holding court with many alumni. Weinke was in there also talking with folks. Even Buster was there. Buster seemed a little out of place, probably because no one yet recognizes him. J Batt was there also speaking with many alumni

The point is that Key gets it. People won't trust you until they get to know you. It's pretty much what you see is what you get from Key. He had on a tan pullover with his shirt halfway tucked in. He's not trying to pretend to be someone he's not. I was lukewarm on his hiring, mainly due to the fact our OLine production has been poor over the last 4 years. He's not coached a game yet as the permanent head coach. I was impressed with the team results in his 8 games as interim HC. As a fan/alumnus, I just want to see us be competitive. I know that is a low bar. We should have no issues competing with other ACC teams. I don't expect us to go 8-0. I do expect us to keep competing until the final whistle sounds. I think Brent will have our team competing (and hopefully winning).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News