ADVERTISEMENT

Will BC be ready for Tech

stech81

Sep 15, 2015
Not sure how this will work for them

http://www.myajc.com/news/sports/co...rnallink_referralbox_free-to-premium-referral

I thought this part was interesting

To counter the Yellow Jackets, Boston College began preparing for Tech’s offense in the spring. Addazio ran the scout-team offense, and made the unusual decision to draft offensive starters to the unit to give the Eagles defense the best portrayal possible of what it will see in Dublin’s Aviva Stadium. (Addazio calls the Tech scout team “my baby.”)

“We’re going to make sure that we’re going to simulate the speed of how they play,” Addazio said.

This game is a big for the mental standpoint of the team. I'm interested to see how hungry and fired up they are to prove last year was a fluke. They should be focused and locked in but I do expect an ugly low scoring game. It usually takes a few games for us to click on O. BC had a great D but lost the co ordinator to Ann Arbor but they still have a lot returning. They were horrid on offense last year but they do get an elusive QB back from injury (Can't think of his name) and Towels transferred in from Kentucky as well. He has a decent arm so Addazio could throw a few different looks at us. This is a must win game for us. I can't stand to think that the bowl streak ended with this team but to give BC there first league win since what seems like before BC would be even more embarrassing.

Sounds like Notre Dame has been sharing their secrets with BC.

They hired a coach specifically to break down GT's offense and provide defensible solutions.

BC's defense will be - and perhaps by far - the most talented, most experienced, and most acclaimed unit in terms of achievement on that Dublin field. CPJ, JT5, the O-Line, etc., has their work cut out for them. I can see yards being very difficult to come by for Tech and BC having a party in our backfield on almost every play.

Let's hope not.

(edit note: I have no idea why Tech is favored in this game, much less by 4 pts...and yes, I realize BC's offense was poor last year...but, so was ours)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT