ADVERTISEMENT

Wendell Carter, Jr.

Buzzforlife

Sep 14, 2015
Duluth, Ga.
Yes, Tech and that other local team to the east that resides in the $EC, are recruiting him hard. But the truth is that the Pace Academy junior will wind up at Duke, UNC or Ky. When Ratboy and Roy have shown their face at the school near the Governor's Mansion, the place fixates on them. The show becomes the Coach.

I have watched this young man with the Paul Millsap build, shoot-pass-rebound-reject shots like a doctor trying to give me one at 5 years of age. He can't miss. Won't be around more than one year of college. Harvard and the Ivy League want him, with his 3.8 average. After attending HS games that featured James Forrest, Ivano Newbill, Matt Harpring, Tony Akins, Dion Glover, MGH, Tony Parker and the Norcross studs, this guy is the real deal!

Why would I bring him up in a thread that will shortly die? Because he would definitely have been destined to play for Tech, now we have very little chance. Our program is TOTALLY IRRELEVANT for attracting the Rivals #1 Junior in the Nation. Sad to say if he reads this or it gets back to him, I have dissed my favorite hoop team and influenced him away. It is the truth, although I would take my son to see his every local game in 2017-18 at beautiful McCamish.

I said the same thing about Jaylen Brown that I'm going to say now. That is, if you are going to be a 1-and-done, then why not do it (read: your one year) in front of your friends and family locally? Once you are on the NBA circuit, you'll be living in hotel rooms and will "see the world" and all the influences that come along with it soon enough.

Hopefully it won't come down to shoe company connectivity or the like. Having said all that, I completely agree with you. I guess the strategy (if you want to call it that) is we must sit here and hold the program hostage in putridity (I just made up a word) waiting on some donor to magically give enough money to buyout both Blewitt and CBG while poneying up the coin to attract a big name...or, the alternative of course is likely where we are headed and that is purgatory for another 2-3 years until Blewitt is paid off.

But, it is great that we have such great donors to put names on half-empty buildings so we can watch our program die a painful slow death in such nice asthetics. beating head against wall

edit note since I referenced him...Brown is leading Cal in scoring at 15.8 ppg...I recently saw Jay Bilas projected him as a lottery pick in the upcoming draft this June...Cal is 14-8/4-5, 7th in the Pac 12, and projected as an 11-seed in the latest Joe Lunardi Bracketology this week

Reactions: Buzzforlife
Since having ESPNU, I have been watching Jaylen play. Didn't bother to see his games here because I thought we had no chance. Great reasoning to stay home in your inclusive post. The only down side is these young guys want to win a N.C. during that one year. Competitors.

It makes zero sense. The NCAA is powerless.

Tech is loaded with 1-and-dones nowadays though. In the grad transfer rental variety that is.

Reactions: Buzzforlife
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT