ADVERTISEMENT

Week 8 CFB ATS plays

GTJT622

Mar 23, 2014
Well, another positive 3-2 week. I send my apologies and tip my cap to the Atlanta Prostitutes for their big win at Nad State. Overall for the season, the CFB ATS plays are now at 17-18. Here's hoping I can get over the .500 hump this week. Now is the time of year to start looking for really bad teams and playing against them when they are facing motivated teams with something to play for.

Houston -21 over Central Florida, 12:00 ESPNews
Houston is 5th nationally in total offense per game at 555 yds and 12th nationally in yards per play offensively at 6.88. UCF on the other hand is dead last in total offense per game at 254 yds and the same dead last in yards per play at 3.87. Houston is 6-0/3-0 and UCF is 0-7/0-3. The Cougars are still very much in the running for the non-P5's NYD MEG participant. I'll lay the points with the heavy favorite.

Pitt -6.5 over Syracuse, 12:00 ESPN-U
I like this Pitt team a lot. They are well-balanced offensively, have a go-to difference maker in Boyd, and they are playing with a ton of confidence right now. Hopefully, inching up into the top 25 this week won't go to their heads and they'll stay focused. I think new HC Narduzzi will keep them grounded. Cuse has lost 3 straight though they gave LSU a good game in the Carrier Dome and lost at Gay Paris this past weekend in 3 overtimes. Should be a good game, but I'll side with the Panthers to take control in the 4th quarter and cover.

Navy -23 over Tulane, 1:00 CBS Sports Network
The Mids have had an extra week to freshen up coming off their disappointing loss at South Bend. The Green Wave is just a really really bad football team. A lot of points to have to cover, but I think the Men from Annapolis should have no problem scoring in this game, will put up 45 or so on the board, and I don't think Tulane will get into the 20's. Mids roll and stay undefeated in the AAC.

Toledo -14 over UMass, 3:00 ESPN-3
The Rockets of course opened their season with wins at Arkansas and at home over Iowa State. Since then, they have averaged scoring 41 points and averaged giving up 11 in their next 4 wins. #19 Toledo should stay undefeated here on the road against the 1-5 Minutemen. Lay the points.

Marshall -29 over North Texas, 3:30 RSN
Once again, taking 5 favorites for the second week in a row. North Texas (0-6/0-3) is just a baaaad football team. I think the Herd has a lot of fun at home this week as they continue to roll in the weak Conference USA.

GLA!

Once again, Vegas knows its shitola. This week 2 of the more confounding point spreads were...

1. USC being favored originally by 3 pts and then growing to near a TD over #3 Utah. The Condoms ripped the Utes (did you say Ute?).

2. FSU opened "only" as a 5.5 pt favorite and the early money actually came in on the Jackets by the big money wise guys early in the week. Tech wins outright.

Yes they do. I've had good results going with the early trend on seemingly strange lines like these (usually with money line wagers later in the week). It's not a strategy I have a ton of confidence in, but going back through the record it has been successful for me. When Tech moved from +5.5 to +4.5 early that was the signal. To that end I had half a unit on GT +225 just for kicks.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT