ADVERTISEMENT

Week 5 CFB ATS

GTJT622

Mar 23, 2014
Last week I went 3-2 and for the season still a disappointing 8-12. But, hopefully another positive week on the way...

Miami -6.5 over Cincinnati, Thursday 7:30 ESPN
This is not a short week for the Canes as they had last week off. I expect Kaaya to have a huge game and the Canes D will play a helluva lot more slowing down the Kiel-less Bearcats than Memphis did a week ago.

Memphis-South Florida over 61.5, Friday 7:00 ESPN-2
Did I mention Memphis plays no defense? Well, they do play offense and they will put up a ton of points. Friday night shootout...enjoy!

East Carolina -5.5 over SMU, 4:00 ESPNews
SMU plays no defense whatsoever and the Pirates should be able to put up 500+ yards and 40+ points on the board...just can't see the Ponies hanging with ECU here.

East Carolina-SMU over 68.5, 4:00 ESPNews
I actually like ECU scoring near 49 pts and SMU likely will get 3 or 4 TD's to go well over this number. Does ANYBODY in the Republic of Tejas play ANY defense anymore?

Georgia Southern -6 over Louisiana Monroe, 7:00 ESPN-3
Eagles are now rolling with Ellison back. More of the same on the road this week as the class of a stinky conference.

GLA!!

The Canes have a firm stranglehold on the worst return-on-investment the ACC has ever made with yet another embarrassing loss. I don't know if I should rejoice (because I predicted as much) or cry (because I predicted as much). Either way, it's not good for the ACC.

I have thought about it over night and a few beers I'm going to go with Cincinnati in this game.

I have thought about it over night and a few beers I'm going to go with Cincinnati in this game.

I agree. The Bengals should win and cover over the Chiefs. Good call, mate.

Wait. What's that?

Oh.

Errrr...uhhhh....hmmmm...nevermind.

:p

Miami had trouble with keeping their drives going. Missing those early FGs really hurt them.

I could not believe they were stopped 4th and goal.

Miami had trouble with keeping their drives going. Missing those early FGs really hurt them.

I could not believe they were stopped 4th and goal.

More than once on 3rd and 1, they snapped the ball in the shotgun and handed off up the middle right into the meat of 8-9 guys in the box. While being spread out. Simple math suggests 5 blockers against 8 defenders in the middle while handing off 5 yards behind the LOS is just brainless play calling. Also, I grew tired of watching Kaaya change plays and play clocks running down to 0 while they were trying to manipulate plays. Even as bad as I've seen our offense the last 2 weeks, last night made me want to vomit watching Miami's discombobulation on offense. Their coaching staff deserves any skewering they are getting today. As long as Golden is there, they won't be a threat to win the Coastal.

I took Cincy at the last min. Good thing I did. I'm also in on Marshal -18 vs ODU
GSU -6 @ La Monroe.
Michigan St -22 vs Purdue
Northwestern-3 vs Minnesota
Oregon-7.5 @ Colorado
ND as a pickem
And GT -7

I took Cincy at the last min. Good thing I did. I'm also in on Marshal -18 vs ODU
GSU -6 @ La Monroe.
Michigan St -22 vs Purdue
Northwestern-3 vs Minnesota
Oregon-7.5 @ Colorado
ND as a pickem
And GT -7

Thanks for the message. Any rationale around those picks willing to share?

These are mine from TOS:
Cincinnati +6.5 vs. Miami - Home dog on Thursday night.

Toledo -6.5 @ Ball State - Toledo should be able to move the ball well and win their MAC opener.

West Virginia +7 @ Oklahoma - WVU is playing good D. Oklahoma isn't.

Florida State -19 @ Wake Forest - FSU takes off the gloves in this one.

and

Texas +15 @ TCU - Texas is moving the ball well with the young QB, in place of the bad QB, and TCU is really banged up on defense. Shoot out, Texas style. Take the points.

Meanwhile, the total for Baylor/Texas Tech is 89.
eek.gif

Thanks for the message. Any rationale around those picks willing to share?
I have a gambling problem. Lol
Did my research. I look at Wunderdog.com and a few other sites. Plus I watch a lot of football. Just pretty much guess. No real insite. Never bet big. $25-$50 a game. More or less just do it for fun.

I have a gambling problem. Lol
Did my research. I look at Wunderdog.com and a few other sites. Plus I watch a lot of football. Just pretty much guess. No real insite. Never bet big. $25-$50 a game. More or less just do it for fun.

Ok, thanks.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT