ADVERTISEMENT

Week 11 in the ACC...and some other games of note

GTJT622

Mar 23, 2014
Thursday 7:30 ESPN: Virginia Polytechnical Institue & State University (4-5/2-3) at Georgia Institute of Technology (3-6/1-5)
*The Jackets celebrate the 25th anniversary of its last national championship with the 1990 team being honored. This is Frank Beamer's last show in what has turned out to be a good rivalry over the last decade since the Turkey Buzzards joined the ACC. Just too bad there isn't much riding on this one other than the nation's longest MEG appearance streak and the 2nd longest streak both in jeopardy. The Jackets are laying 3.5 as we try to defeat VPI&SU in consecutive seasons for the first time...well...ever.

12:00 ESPNews: Pittsburgh (6-3/4-1) at Duke (6-3/3-2)
*And the Dukies fall from Coastal contender in a hard way. Pitt still has a chance at the Coastal title though they pretty much have to win out and hope Carolina loses twice among hosting Miami and traveling in their final 2 games at Blacksburgh and Raleigh. Hey, never question the wackiness of the Coastal. It could happen. Duke is laying 3.5.

12:30 RSN: Virginia (3-6/2-3) at Louisville (5-4/4-2)
*As expected, the French gave the Canes a tussle this past Saturday in south Florida. However, they lose again on the road. They haven't won a road game since 2012. I don't figure they will again. UofL has been playing pretty good of late and have turned their season around from a rough early season start that saw them play a really tough schedule - note, that loss at home to Houston in Week 2 doesn't look bad at all now and the fact remains they gave Clemson their toughest game of the season to date final-margin-wise. The French won this game last year at SSS. The Cards likely remember that. UofL is laying 2 TD's.

12:30 ACC Network: NC State (6-3/2-3) at #19 FSU (7-2/5-2)
*The Noles looked a lot better at Death Valley this past Saturday while the Pack took care of hapless BC up north. The Noles are laying 9.5. Don't forget the Pack did put up 41 on Clemson...by far the most pts the Kitty Cats have allowed in a game this season (next most was by the Jackets with 24). This should be a good game that likely winds up far closer than the linesmaker has it currently.

3:30 NBC: Wake Forest (3-6/1-5) at #6 Notre Dame (8-1)
*This should be an easy W for the Irish who needs to destroy teams like Wake at this point to leave no doubt of their chances for the playoffs in the eyes of the committee. ND needs some help and I think they'll get it as November progresses as the Big 12 teams start knocking each other out. ND's 2-pt loss at Clemson is looking better and better every week as the Tigers take care of their business. The Irish are laying a whopping 27.

3:30 ABC: #1 Clemson (9-0/6-0) at Syracuse (3-6/1-4)
*Well done, Orangenecks! Well done, indeed. Watch out, now. The Cuse has played everybody tough in their dome this year. Clemson is laying 27.5 pts. Seems like way too many to me.

3:30 ESPN-U: Miami (6-3/3-2) at #17 North Carolina (8-1/5-0)
*Technically, the Canes are not out of the Coastal race. And, a win here would give them the head-to-head tie breaker over the Tar Holes. This game features two of the dirtiest cheating athletic programs in the ACC and nation. Both are a shameful embarrassment to the ACC. The Tar Holes are laying 12.5.

Off this week... Boston College

Some other games of note...

7:00 ESPN-2: #25 Memphis (8-1/4-1) at #16 Houston (9-0/5-0)
*OK, I admit it. I just threw this one in here more to hype the Mids, who are now ranked at #22, still undefeated in the AAC at 7-1/5-0 in their first year in a conference, and are coming off a shellacking of the Tigers. A nice Black Friday game is brewing between what could be an undefeated Cougars team hosting the Mids. GO NAVY! Oh...wait. Woops. Houston is laying 6 pts at home this week against Memphis. Almost forgot about that game. Sorry.

8:00 ABC: #12 Oklahoma (8-1/5-1) at #4 Baylor (8-0/5-0)
*Boy, the Sooners have to be kicking themselves for that loss against Tejas (4-5/3-3) in the RRR. Baylor looked like a team ready to be beaten at Kansas State last Thursday. Of course, I don't think I've seen a more fake top 5 team in years. They've beaten NO-BO-DY...still! The walls are about ready to come knocking down, IMO. Baylor is laying 3 pts here. I'll take those and run with them.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT