ADVERTISEMENT

Volleybees Week: Back home for Wed-Fri matches

GTJT622

Mar 23, 2014
The Volleybees (17-5/8-2), fresh off a very successful road trip to Tobacco Road last weekend, get right back into it tonight with a home match against Clemson (6-16/1-9) and then again on Friday night against Virginia (4-17/1-9). Both matches begin at 7pm and each will be streamed live via ACC Network Extra.

The V-Bees have won 7 straight matches and tonight's match kicks off a 4-game homestand with the Hokies and Panthers coming in next week. Tech swept both Clemson and Virginia on the road 3 weeks ago. I think this experienced Tech team will remember one of the worst losses in the CMC era to date a year ago when Clemson came into O'Keefe and won its only ACC match of the entire season (finishing 1-19 in the ACC). That loss spiraled Tech's season down the toilet towards the end of the season. Tech took care of business early and throughout at both Clemson and UVA. Here's hoping they do the same at O'Keefe tonight.

Tech did not receive more than 1 vote to make any consideration for this week's AVCA rankings. However, if the team can win these 4 home matches and get to 21-5/12-2, I think the poll voters will start to take notice.

First things first, take care of the Tigers at home tonight.

GO VOLLEYBEES!!

Volleybees taking care of business tonight. Making quick work of the Kitty Cats. Tech up 2-0 heading to what should be the final set.

Generally speaking, Clemson's women's athletics has been the pits over the years. Again, generally speaking. They now have an AD who cares about as little about women's athletics as any AD I've seen roll through a big athletic program in a while. I wonder what life is like moving forward for recruiting purposes when they have a football facility that has nap rooms for the football players in comparison to what the women's sports teams get as "perks" to their student-athlete experience at Clemson.

Hmmm...

Set #3 was a little more interesting than the first two, but the Volleybees get it done, 27-25, to sweep the Kitty Cats. Volleybees extend their winning streak to 8 matches and move to 18-5/9-2.

Nice!

Reactions: Buzzforlife
Tech takes Set #2... 25-20. Hopefully, the V-Bee's can put this away in 3.

Woohoo!

Volleybees have to come from behind, but they made the plays down the stretch to take Set #3 and sweep the Cavs. Tech wins its 9th straight match and moves to an impressive 19-5 overall and 10-2 in the ACC.

Next up: next weekend at home vs Va Tech and Pitt

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT