ADVERTISEMENT

Todd Stansbury reported to be new AD

Very pleased with Todd coming home to his alma mater. I think he will be much more engaged with the fanbase. Nice!!

I could ask him and CPJ over this Saturday to watch some football and have Beer and Pork skins.

Ex-Tech football player ...
He worked under Homer for a long time...
Good AD hire !

I could ask him and CPJ over this Saturday to watch some football and have Beer and Pork skins.

You can probably head over to that indoor FB practice facility. By golly, it needs to be used for something.

;)

Good AD hire !

This year will be my graduating class from Tech's 30th year. I tutored in the GTAA during my Sr. year and then 2 years in grad school. Todd was just starting out in the Academic Advising department run by Bernie McGregor at the time. I interacted with him many times. He's a good guy. Down to earth. Humble. And, very approachable. I think he will do great with the fans and alums.

Hopefully, he will clean some house at the GTAA. Until he does, he's just managing the SOS.

You can probably head over to that indoor FB practice facility. By golly, it needs to be used for something.

;)
I was thinking we could go out in my new RV, just don't want them to think I have lots of money.

th

Good idea. Stansbury will be asking you for cash immediately if he's doing his job. Just don't let him know you have my credit card. We have other things the credit limit for that is targeted for - like...well...beer.

I do think ADTS and CPJ might like to sit in the hot tub at your place for a while though...
RedneckHotTub-20834.jpg

And, if you want some bubbles in the hot tub, might I suggest...
basic-pinto-beans.jpg

Switched at birth?

21159630-mmmain.jpg

New Tech Athletic Director, Todd Stansbury

Robert_3c72.jpg

Robert Irvine, Food Network Dinner Impossible Star and now hosting his own Slime Talk Show

Good idea. Stansbury will be asking you for cash immediately if he's doing his job. Just don't let him know you have my credit card. We have other things the credit limit for that is targeted for - like...well...beer.

I do think ADTS and CPJ might like to sit in the hot tub at your place for a while though...
RedneckHotTub-20834.jpg

And, if you want some bubbles in the hot tub, might I suggest...
basic-pinto-beans.jpg

I was thinking of grilling out Don't have a Green Egg but got this new Green grass grill

hqdefault.jpg

Good AD hire !

He gets GA Tech. We are a strange group of folks (eg: GTJT, stech, and the entire Hive five), and whoever seeks to lead them must know them. IMHO... great hire!

Todd is of course from the Great White North. They tailhook up there too...

8596346.jpg

And speaking of, I think the hiring of Stansbury is an obvious sign that the ACC is finally getting serious about adding a Canadian university into the fold to lock up the entire GWN TV market.

I say hiring a former Tech LB as our AD (one whose career here overlapped with CTR) on the day we need the defense to come up big, is a sign that the stars are aligning for a big win tonight!

He gets GA Tech. We are a strange group of folks (eg: GTJT, stech, and the entire Hive five), and whoever seeks to lead them must know them. IMHO... great hire!
I like to think GTJT and me are just normal guys.

th

Welcome Todd. I look forward to a new opportunity to get some things done at GT athletically.

His hire came sooner than I expected. Glad to see it. I think he's a great addition.

Maybe this news wasn't placed in the appropriate thread? Possibly the new A.D. didn't stamp this contract officially. Could have been signed earlier last week, via Dr. Peterson, Interim A.D. Paul Griffin, et al.-
http://www.ramblinwreck.com/sports/m-basebl/spec-rel/092716aac.html
I have noticed a few people who are upset that the President didn't hold this until the new AD was in place. Some people think Danny is past his peak and GT needs some new energy.

I have noticed a few people who are upset that the President didn't hold this until the new AD was in place. Some people think Danny is past his peak and GT needs some new energy.

Count me as one. I appreciate all that CDH has done for Beesball, but it is apparent to me that he is coasting somewhat at this point in his career. We need a new coach with more fire in the belly and a higher energy level - IMNSHO.

Count me as one. I appreciate all that CDH has done for Beesball, but it is apparent to me that he is coasting somewhat at this point in his career. We need a new coach with more fire in the belly and a higher energy level - IMNSHO.
I know baseball doesn't have as many high energy moments during practice. I would like to see Hall doing more in the offseason to change things up and get players attention. Does anyone know how the offseason evaluations go? do players have a list of things to work on from the coaches?

I'll put this in this thread since it has to do with the NCAA and collegiate athletics in general...

...the SCOTUS ruled today that NCAA amateurism rules violate antitrust law. This is a significant blow to the NCAA and could open up the dam for a flood of lawsuits.

This entire system needs to be blown up and re-thought anyway. Entirely too much money is being spent on collegiate athletics (IMO).

Story: http://sports.yahoo.com/news/supreme-court-rejects-ncaas-antitrust-appeal-164317169.html

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT