ADVERTISEMENT

Tech in the running for Scotland HS (NC) linebacker

GTJT622

Mar 23, 2014
Story: http://www.laurinburgexchange.com/news/home_top-sports/154039922/Jonathan-Smith-nearing-decision

LAURINBURG — Scotland senior linebacker Jonathan Smith is getting closer to making his college decision.

Smith is entering the homestretch of his recruitment and six schools have separated themselves.

”My top schools in no order are Georgia Tech, North Carolina, Duke, Michigan, Notre Dame and Virginia Tech,” said the 6-foot-1, 230-pounder. “Other schools still have a chance, but those are the schools I’m focused on right now. North Carolina and Georgia Tech are recruiting me the hardest.

”All those schools have a great fanbases and academics. I also have a great relationship with each one of those coaching staffs.”

Besides North Carolina, he hopes to visit Duke and Georgia Tech in the next few weeks.

Hopefully, having Scotland HS QB Jaylend Ratliffe coming into Tech as part of the 2016 class will help us here. Especially with the outstanding way CPJ treated him after his accident. Further, the chaos going on at UNC with a potential significant probation looming over their program might factor in some as well. We'll see...

North Carolina might be getting some additional penalties in the next year or so. After SACS put them on probation, I can't see them getting off without additional penalties.

ADVERTISEMENT