ADVERTISEMENT

Premiere CC + MXF: MXF to Premiere Pro CC import fails on Mac

Velemoochi

Jun 26, 2015
It's really a big boost that Adobe Premiere Pro CS6, CC offers much better native MXF support than its predecessor. However, different MXF source files work differently in Premiere Pro CC. Many MXF video users have encountered the issue to import P2 MXF, 4K MXF, XAVC MXF files to Adobe Premiere Pro CC on Mac or PC:

"I have a Sony PMW-350K camera and record some MXF videos by it. Each .mxf file is in its own folder which contains a .sum and a .xml file. I have been trying to transcode these MXF files to mov and mpg in order to edit in Adobe Premiere Pro CC. Every conversion attempt fails because the files cannot be recognized. I have tried some converting tools. Nothing works. Does anyone have a suggestion?"

"I have an interview which lasts around 33 minutes giving me 7 MXF clips. No matter which way I import the clips and which clip I choose to import I always get the full 33 minute clip. However for some unknown reason, Premiere Pro CC has merged the spanned clips into the wrong order instead of playing back clip 1 then clip 2 and so on. It plays in reverse."

"I can't import Sony PXW-X70 XAVC .mxf file into Premiere CC on my Mac Yosemite 10.10. While importing, always got the error message. I tried everything! I don't understand why I can edit my Canon MXF files in CC but the file from my colleague seems not to be importable. Have I lost some important metadata?"

As we know, Adobe Premiere CC does not recognize and handle the all MXF files well. Especially when you ingest spanned clips, CC seems to get the order of the clips mixed up, so the start of the clip will be around the middle. Pavtube MXF Converter for Mac is an effective MXF to Premiere Pro CC Converter, which can easily relink and merge spanned clips into one file with correct order that you need for further editing.

Sometimes you will find import the .mxf video to Premiere Pro CC, and the video plays well, but there is no audio imported with the clip. Should the .mxf contain an audio track, and Premiere Pro CC doesn't recognizing it? Yes, Premiere Pro CC can't get the original audio from MXF files. Pavtube MXF Converter for Mac can automatically load audio counterparts as soon as you import MXF video, which effectively avoid of audio missing and cuts-off after MXF to Premiere CC conversion. With perfect audio and video synchronization, the output format will preserve the high quality of source file. (Note: If you want preserve 2, 4, 8 or more audio tracks of source file, pls try Pavtube iMixMXF, the program can output video without any audio tracks losing. )

In addition, To handle the limitation of supporting MXF file format for Premiere Pro CC, we need to use the professional mxf transcoding software to convert MXF file to Premiere Pro CC compatible formats, like MPEG-2, H.264 MOV, WMV and more.

Pavtube MXF Converter for Mac (Review) is your best choice. Once you convert any MXF files to MPEG 2/H.264 MOV/WMV on your Mac, the Premiere Pro CC will can read the converted MXF's video and audio. You can edit video and audio with Premiere Pro CC freely. Don't worry about losing quality by transcoding MXF to MPEG-2 for Premiere Pro CC with this best MXF to Premiere Pro CC Converter. We compared the original file with the converted files, the comparison showed us there was absolutely no discernible difference.

P.S. It has both Windows and Mac Version, for Windows user, please get Pavtube MXF Converter.

Just download it and follow the simple steps below to transcode MXF to Adobe Premiere Pro editable MPEG-2 format on Mac OS X.

(Price: $29)
Other Downloads:

How to Transcode MXF to Premiere Pro CC editable MPEG-2 format on Mac?

The operation is quite simple and easy to learn for new users. Compared to other MXF converters, the time Pavtube MXF Converter for Mac need for converting is much less because MXF Converter for Mac utilize all cores to speed up encoding process.

Step 1. Import MXF files to Pavtube MXF Converter for Mac

Install the professional and easy-to-use MXF to Premiere Pro CC Converter on your Mac. Run it and and click "File" > "Add Video/Audio" or "Add from Folder" to add the MXF files. Pavtube MXF Converter for Mac supports batch conversion, so you are allowed to add multiple MXF files at a time.

load-mxf-file-1.jpg

Tips: If you happen to find that there is no audio shows when you preview your clips, you can click "Properties" to adjust "Audio Stream ID" to have a try.

Step 2. Choose MPEG-2 as the best format for Premiere Pro CC

Hit the Format box and select Adobe Premiere/Sony Vegas --> MPEG-2(*.mpg) as output format and then set the output destination as you want. If you want to keep 60fps as frame rate after conversion, please choose WMV (VC-1) (*.wmv) as output.

select-output-file-format.jpg

Step 3. Adjust A/V parameters if you need

Some users use this 4K MXF camcorder to shoot 4K, 2K MXF footages which may find that the default setting of this MPEG-2 is not such high in Size (pix). To tackle that, import 3840*2160 (4K), 2048*1080 (2K) in the following box of Size (pix) manually so that you can maintain the 4K, 2K quality.

set-output-profile-parameters.jpg

Tips: If you wonder the file size, codec thing about your generated files, you can check those detailed information in the below table.

Step 4. Start MXF Video Conversion for Premiere Pro CC

Press "Convert" button, it will start to convert MXF files to MPEG-2 format on Mac. The MXF to Premiere Pro CC Converter for Mac supports batch conversion so you may load multiple MXF files and convert MXF to MPEG-2 at one time.

When the conversion is finished, you can click "Open" button to get the generated MPG files effortlessly. Launch Premiere Pro CC on your Mac, choose "File > Import..." to import converted MXF files to Premiere Pro for further editing without any incompatibility and audio losing problem.

That's all! Thanks for reading!

More MXF Tips:

Source: http://mxfworld.jimdo.com/mxf-to-premiere/

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT