ADVERTISEMENT

( not GT)

stech81

Sep 15, 2015
GTJT what did you think of JMU hiring of the Citadel coach ( Mike Houston ) ?

Great hire. JMU is very fortunate to get him. A rising star in the profession. Just what the Dukes needed.

Btw mate, calling for over 2 feet of snow here at the double wide this weekend. Now, I have plenty of Bud Light. And, I mean PLENTY. I already have a natural freezer outside. Well, actually, I had to bring the stack in so it wouldn't freeze the last couple of days. You're retired. Got all that time on your hands. I've got plenty of Bud Light. Match made in heaven. Come on up and you can help me shovel the driveway, around the trailer and then we can go make beer money shoveling out the rest of the trailer park. Maybe we'll even walk a mile down the road to that rich neighborhood I pass every day to work and we can shovel their driveways for 622 bucks a shot.

Yeah, we'll be tired. Not too tired to drink of course. And, while shoveling, it is always good to take a break once every 5 minutes to drink a beer. My rules.

Now that I've made my case (no pun intended), I will expect you up here for dinner Thursday night. Ribeye steak, bake potato and salad. See you then. Plan to stay a few days.

:D

Btw mate, calling for over 2 feet of snow here at the double wide this weekend. Now, I have plenty of Bud Light. And, I mean PLENTY. I already have a natural freezer outside. Well, actually, I had to bring the stack in so it wouldn't freeze the last couple of days. You're retired. Got all that time on your hands. I've got plenty of Bud Light. Match made in heaven. Come on up and you can help me shovel the driveway, around the trailer and then we can go make beer money shoveling out the rest of the trailer park. Maybe we'll even walk a mile down the road to that rich neighborhood I pass every day to work and we can shovel their driveways for 622 bucks a shot.

Yeah, we'll be tired. Not too tired to drink of course. And, while shoveling, it is always good to take a break once every 5 minutes to drink a beer. My rules.

Now that I've made my case (no pun intended), I will expect you up here for dinner Thursday night. Ribeye steak, bake potato and salad. See you then. Plan to stay a few days.

:D
Would love to but you said something that sounded like WORK. The beer and steak would be good but that WORK thingy means I'll pass. :)

Last edited:
Ahhh, you must be in a union. Beer drinkers union. Makes sense. I guess I'll have to contact your union leader to see if I can negotiate a deal. Wondering if the beer drinkers union is connected to the snow shovelers union....

...hmmm...

Ahhh, you must be in a union. Beer drinkers union. Makes sense. I guess I'll have to contact your union leader to see if I can negotiate a deal. Wondering if the beer drinkers union is connected to the snow shovelers union....

...hmmm...
I'm allergic to work and snow, hence why I still live in Georgia :)

Allergic to work, huh? You may be related somehow to SWMBO's family. Do you mooch off family members too? If so, that probably does it for me as a convincer.

Kinda sorta related to Tech and the OP, JMU's new HC Mike Houston stated at his presser today that he will NOT be bringing the triple option offense with him to JMU. Advises they will go from the shotgun and spread attack. Now, that could apply in many different ways of course.

But, interesting that he also stated - albeit of course at the D1AA level so keep that in perspective in comparison to their competition - he felt the current roster, recruits JMU can and should attract, etc., can and should deploy a more diverse attack than the TO. At The Citadel, like the D1A service academies, they have limitations in the guys they can get there and the TO as we all know can often be a playing field leveler. Hey, The Citadel beat a crappy SEC team on their home field this year with that attack.

Wasn't that SEC team that they beat the same one UNC lost to in the first game?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT