ADVERTISEMENT

(Non-GT)Muhammad Ali passes away at 74-

Buzzforlife

Sep 14, 2015
Duluth, Ga.
Left us last night, after going in the hospital Monday night. Eulogies next Friday, Bill Clinton, Bryant Gumbel, Billy Crystal.

Retired in 1981. He was never afraid to take a chance.

A few of his famous quotes:
Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee.
He who is not courageous enough to take risks will accomplish nothing in life.
The man who views the world at 50 the same as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My son takes the same drug for Parkinson's Disease. It hasn't caused us any seizures yet. It is also used for flu prevention, in pill form.

I admit I wasn't much of a fan back in the 70's during his hey-day. But, I grew to like him more as he and I both got older. To the point, I am very saddened to see him pass.

One of my better moments sitting in many hundreds of airports during my career was a trip about 20 years ago sitting in the South Bend Indiana airport awaiting a first leg of a flight to get home. Along comes Ali walking through with his entourage. He had Parkinson's pretty severe of course at that point and needed help walking. An impromptu standing ovation started by all sitting in the gate areas as he progressed to his gate. He was very appreciative of the applause and gestured towards pretty much everyone.

GRHS!

Reactions: Buzzforlife
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT