ADVERTISEMENT

No pretty but a win

stech81

Sep 15, 2015
I'm worn out from this game but one happy drunk fat guy.

and our punter is bad.

Why are those punts going backwards after hitting on the 30? Please turn the ball around after the snap and not kick on the laces, Mr. Rodwell.

I'm exhausted, and not from the sleep depravation!

Missed reads, and more missed reads.

We are a 4th and 19...dying quail toss...from being 0-1!!

what a great comeback.

So close on a couple drives, but just couldn't get it all together until the end.

Glad they did

It is easy to forget that the 2014 season started out with two very close wins - one against GA Sou and one against VPI - where the O looked bad for a large portion of the game. There was also that ugly loss to Dook and the frustration of UNCheat. It was the 2nd half of that season the team got it together and looked like a champion. The first 6 games, Wofford, Tulane, GA Sou, VPI, Miami, and Dook, were all ugly but one - Miami. Yet we founds ways to win all but Dook. The UNCheat game was on the D.

And that was with a boatload of seniors on O.

Last year was an anomaly. Let's give it time, but by all means, let's correct the mistakes and get it right.

A few thoughts...

1. Last year, we probably lose that game. So many close losses a year ago. Was nice to see the guys bow up and get it done at the end. Like Texwood posted after the game, a win in that fashion can do wonders for a team in terms of their confidence.

2. Remains to be seen of course and it is very early, but we may look back at the end of this season and say that BC defense was the best defense we faced all year.

3. On CPJ's radio show last night he mentioned he brought the team back down to Earth at practice and was back to his normal grumpy self...which, is good in this case. Mercer won't tell us much one way or the other. Vandy will bring a good defense, but mediocre-to-poor offense. The D will not get its first significant test until when Clemson comes calling. Having said that, I liked for the most part what I saw in Ireland. If this offense can roll against Vandy's good D, that is a very good sign for the prospects of this season.

charlie-weis-fat.jpg

Gee, we can see Carlin, think of Dangerfield and spot Charlie Weiss all in the above two frames. A laugh, a joke and a fat man.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT